5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vader's Rebel is home!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that was a painful lesson in patience that really paid off in the end.

Dealer had everything perfect, minus the red carpet.

Coming from a 16' Rebel to the 19' I was skeptical as to how much better it could be. The question has been answered and INCREDIBLY different and better in every way.

Congrats Ram/FCA, well done. I'm still grinning 5 hours later.

Pics and deeper thoughts to follow, back to driving!
20180809_234336.jpg

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice truck. Can't wait to get mine.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Coming from a 16' Rebel to the 19' I was skeptical as to how much better it could be. The question has been answered and INCREDIBLY different and better in every way.

View attachment 2441
That my friend is hands down the best looking 1/2 ton pickup ever made. I really like the granite crystal and I would probably have near the exact truck. Still on the fence about two tone or monotone...but the granite looks gest with the black.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts after some time in the seat.

Congratulations

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Damn, that looks great. It's too bad they only offer the black lower on the Rebel, because that's exactly how I wanted my Limited to look, except maybe all black rims too.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That my friend is hands down the best looking 1/2 ton pickup ever made. I really like the granite crystal and I would probably have near the exact truck. Still on the fence about two tone or monotone...but the granite looks gest with the black.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts after some time in the seat.

Congratulations
Thanks! I went with two tone to compliment the black running boards and black fender flares.

So far I'm still grinning like I stole it! Nicest vehicle I've ever driven.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

View attachment 2441

Sick looking truck. Love the color combination!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking ride! Consider the Mopar accessory mudflaps as they look really good against the black lower paint and the black factory flares. Well designed and keeps side step bars and sides of truck much cleaner. Available from Amazon. I'll attach some photos. Just added vinyl overlay on R-A-M letters and painted tow hooks paint color. IMG_3296.JPG IMG_3295.JPG IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3406.JPG

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking ride! Consider the Mopar accessory mudflaps as they look really good against the black lower paint and the black factory flares. Well designed and keeps side step bars and sides of truck much cleaner. Available from Amazon. I'll attach some photos. View attachment 9336 View attachment 9337 View attachment 9338 View attachment 9339 View attachment 9340
Nice truck! I have a soft spot for the red Rebels!

I had the Mopar splash guards on my 16' Rebel and the hard packed deep snow around here ended up destroying them the first winter I had them on. If they were more flexible, maybe a silicone hybrid I would invest in them again, but the rigid nature of them won't work.

That being said, they do look great on your truck!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see your point. We rarely see snow in Portland , Oregon and it only lasts a few days. Didn't think about parts of country that have big time winter snow. On my 2004 Dodge Ram Cummins I put on Bushwacker flares and all kinds of accessories to trick it out. I went to a big rig semi parts store and bought semi mudflaps and the stainless polished bars for them that you mount at bottom and cut them basically in half and mounted them perfectly behind tires. They still look good after 14 years! Truck only has 63k miles and is worth $25k at least because loaded mint trucks with low miles are sought after with the emissions the new ones have...and the sticker shock! I need to sell it to get wife happy with cost of new one. lol

ptrnfan

Reaction score

View attachment 2441
I totally agree. Those were my thoughts exactly. I replaced my 2017 Laramie with a 2019 Laramie. Except 4 X 4 this time.

PSHammer

Reaction score
Great pics of your Rebels! Picking up my monotone crystal granite this Wednesday. I like the mudflap pics too as I’m getting those. I went wirh the Mopar off-road running boards and hard Tri-Fold cover.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great pics of your Rebels! Picking up my monotone crystal granite this Wednesday. I like the mudflap pics too as I’m getting those. I went wirh the Mopar off-road running boards and hard Tri-Fold cover.
Deep breathing and lots of distraction and you'll make it to Wed! Pics to follow, I'm sure?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wednesday's almost here! Post some pics and include some of that expensive "new car smell" so we can enjoy it too.

PSHammer

Reaction score
Best pic so far because of weather.

Attachments

• 6F676B98-BC3B-4991-B4D3-2CBF1A967C41.jpeg
    6F676B98-BC3B-4991-B4D3-2CBF1A967C41.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, it's like it vicariously happens over and over when everyone posts their delivery pics, the memory of the smells, the sounds and feel of all the new virgin surfaces all come racing back. Nothing like a brand spankin new Rebel to get the blood pumpin!

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread