5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V6 Towing - Washington to Nebraska

cbadge

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Going to be making a 1,500mi trek from Eastern Washington to Nebraska.

I am debating on towing our other vehicle, a Scion Xd with my pickup using a car transport carrier from U-Haul.

Is this something my pickup can handle easily on this drive? Having zero towing experience would you recommend trying this? Keep in my mind we'll have our baby in the car as well.

The other option is have the car be driven by someone which isn't a problem.

I appreciate any responses!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll be around 5,500 lbs between car & trailer. Should be fine depending on what else you load in the Ram

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Several years ago I towed a small FWD import with a V6 Explorer. I rented one of those dollies that capture the front wheels and use the towed vehicle’s rear wheels. A 500 mile trip with no issues.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
As long as you don’t exceed the tow limit. V6s can tow. You’ll prob make some crappy fuel mileage tho

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We towed our 6500lb travel trailer about 13000 miles with our previous Pentastar powered Ram. It was a 2015 Laramie quad cab, 2wd, 3.55 rear gear. I think it was rated to tow up to 7400lbs with the 3.55 gear but under 5000 with the 3.21.

Getting up to highway speed was slow but it got the job done. Usaually 10-13 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread