5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the Dealer to set new tire size

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m waiting for a quote from my dealer, I’ll post back what they say. if it’s much more than $150 I’ll probably go the JScan or AlfaOBD route (thanks @jmrhodes212 for sharing your experience with that!).
My dealer quoted me ~$150. I thought that was a fair price, but $50 more than buying everything to make AlfaOBD work. Since buying AlfaOBD, I've programmed mine and a buddy's tire sizes and a few other things on my truck. I'm also going to program the TPMS for my winter wheels/tires that I had to buy new sensors for, which will save me a trip to the dealer.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I’m waiting for a quote from my dealer, I’ll post back what they say. if it’s much more than $150 I’ll probably go the JScan or AlfaOBD route (thanks @jmrhodes212 for sharing your experience with that!).
Here's what I bought. I liked Jscan because you don't need android, you can use an iphone. All together these were $80 and Jscan was $20.

1674260477697.png

TrojanRam

Reaction score
Here's what I bought. I liked Jscan because you don't need android, you can use an iphone. All together these were $80 and Jscan was $20.

View attachment 149369
Thanks, did the same and just ram through the process.

What did you use for the tire size? I measured and rounded. Interestingly when I actually measure the new tires (285/50s) they are roughly 32.5”, which is not that much bigger than what was already in there. Maybe that’s right but is smaller of a change than I expected (and visually, doesn’t check out, new tires look taller).

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

What did you use for the tire size? I measured and rounded. Interestingly when I actually measure the new tires (285/50s) they are roughly 32.5”, which is not that much bigger than what was already in there. Maybe that’s right but is smaller of a change than I expected (and visually, doesn’t check out, new tires look taller).

That's normal. The stock 32's are actually about 31.5".

TrojanRam

Reaction score
That's normal. The stock 32's are actually about 31.5".
That’s what I figured, which then made me wonder: wouldn’t the factory calibration inherently be off then? Not sweating it too much just find it interesting.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score

I just used "tire size comparison" for what it said they should be, then I used that. It happened to be exact when I checked GPS vs truck vs my radar detector. All right at the same speed.

Users who are viewing this thread