5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper Control Arm Boot

Andrew1997

Reaction score
that won't hurt anything..are you using a dead blow hammer? Did you get it to break free?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
My smart self used a small sludge hammer and could not get it loose. I ended up marking up the UCA bolt area and gave up. Any recommendations on getting it broken loose ?

whonut

Reaction score
My smart self used a small sludge hammer and could not get it loose. I ended up marking up the UCA bolt area and gave up. Any recommendations on getting it broken loose ?
Just did both sides this weekend. Sprayed some penetrating solution in the joint and let it work for 15 minutes. Then a sledge hammer and about a dozen swear words. It wasn’t easy, but persistence paid off.

Andrew1997

Reaction score
Just did both sides this weekend. Sprayed some penetrating solution in the joint and let it work for 15 minutes. Then a sledge hammer and about a dozen swear words. It wasn’t easy, but persistence paid off.
Did you dent the steering knuckle any? I’m going to give it a shot next weekend again but I’m alittle worried about denting the knuckle enough for it crack.

whonut

Reaction score
Did you dent the steering knuckle any? I’m going to give it a shot next weekend again but I’m alittle worried about denting the knuckle enough for it crack.
I beat the hell out of it, TBH. Lots of superficial scars, but nothing structural.

st102688

Reaction score
I just ran into the same issue while installing my Bilstein 5100's and was searching around in between PB Blaster application and swings with hammers / mallets / sledges / etc and came across this thread.

What ended up working for me was to 3 light taps on the nut itself. Wish I had tried it sooner! Popped right out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online