5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading Wheels - Recommended Safe Offset Differential

upstatesc91

Reaction score
Howdy all, sorry for the rookie question but this really is the first time I’m doing this. Just purchased a new ‘21 Big Horn. Swapping the stock tires for some Nitto Ridge Grapplers and looking at BR aftermarket wheels. Looks like stock offset is 19mm on the 6 bolt. Is it safe to go to 12mm or 0mm? Will I get any rubbing? No lift, no spacers, stock suspension.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You left out a crucial detail: what size tires?

I put on 305/60R18 (about a third inch taller than stock, 1.2 inch wider), 18x9 +1mm wheels and had very minor rubbing in the wheel well liners at full lock that was easily solved via zip ties. Had I stuck with 275 tires, I probably wouldn’t have had any rubbing.

I don’t think you’ll have any trouble with +12mm or 0mm offsets. You’ll see people running negative offsets. Of course, the size of your tires is important, too.

upstatesc91

Reaction score
You left out a crucial detail: what size tires?

I put on 305/60R18 (about a third inch taller than stock, 1.2 inch wider), 18x9 +1mm wheels and had very minor rubbing in the wheel well liners at full lock that was easily solved via zip ties. Had I stuck with 275 tires, I probably wouldn’t have had any rubbing.

I don’t think you’ll have any trouble with +12mm or 0mm offsets. You’ll see people running negative offsets. Of course, the size of your tires is important, too.
Of course I did! I am running 275/55/R20s, just got Ridge Grapplers in them. Wish I would have ordered the 275/60/R20s but maybe I can swap at install for a little bigger of a tire. This is helpful information, I talked to several others last night and today and they all agreed, I should be clear with no rubbing.

Kensington7683

Reaction score
I just put on new 20x9 wheels 0 offset with 305/55R20 tires on my 2021 Bighorn with stock suspension. No tire rubbing issues but I will tell you I am having real problems with the wheels I chose. These Raceline wheels have the TPMS sensor coming out the inside of the wheel, rather than outside. With this setup the tip of the sensor valve is grinding on the brake caliper to the point of breaking the valve stem. Working on replacing the valve stem with a stubby valve stem, hopefully that will solve the issue.

U

User_63152

I just put on new 20x9 wheels 0 offset with 305/55R20 tires on my 2021 Bighorn with stock suspension. No tire rubbing issues but I will tell you I am having real problems with the wheels I chose. These Raceline wheels have the TPMS sensor coming out the inside of the wheel, rather than outside. With this setup the tip of the sensor valve is grinding on the brake caliper to the point of breaking the valve stem. Working on replacing the valve stem with a stubby valve stem, hopefully that will solve the issue.
What do you mean by "inside of the wheel, rather than outside"? I guess I'm not understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread