5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates to both ecu and uconnect

02tts

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 with 56k miles and software updates are no longer covered, however; I asked the dealer to perform any available updates including uconnect. He said there 9 applied updates - 1.6hours of time. However; when I check uconnect it still shows version 18.23.29 and according to Chrysler recalls I’ve found they are supposed to be on version 28.x.x (I don’t have the exact number in front of me) - I pulled it by entering the uconnect engineering menu. I called Chrysler and they were no help, said the system shows my truck is up to date, which is obviously not, and could not tell me any versions, etc. Just whatever their system shows which is zero help.

Can anyone tell me what the latest uconnect software version is and is there a way to check to see if the other updates were applied? For example, there is an update regarding slow cooling that I asked them to apply because I’m experiencing the exact same thing described. Although it’s a TSB, apparnetly software updates are not covered on extended Mopar warranty.

Appreciate any help!

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
How do you look to see which version you have currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02tts

Reaction score
Turn your truck off and then press the start button without starting the truck. Press and hold the Radio and Phone buttons on the radio, after a few seconds a menu should pop up. You can pull the software and boot rom versions from there.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll check and see which version I’m on. I have a 2020 had mine at the dealer this morning for an issue and asked them to be sure mine was up to date while I was there

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
Mine is on 20.04.19

Cease11

Reaction score
I called Uconnect and they said I was up to date. I feel like I’m behind at 18.23.29

02tts

Reaction score
If you look at one of the TSB’s referenced here it states uconnect at 28.x so yes I think many of us are behind. It’s beyond me why uconnect would say you’re up to date - they told me the same thing but it’s not correct. I think they only see ‘recalls’ on your VIN# since there aren’t any for uconnect, because they are not official recalls, then they say it’s up to date.

Flawed system and inaccurate info.

02tts

Reaction score
Just an FYI. The way to get the menu is to touch both bottom corners of the screen and hold. If you moved your icon buttons around they aren't Radio and Phone anymore.

Good point, didn’t think about moving the icons around - didn’t even know you could.

Cease11

Reaction score
If you look at one of the TSB’s referenced here it states uconnect at 28.x so yes I think many of us are behind. It’s beyond me why uconnect would say you’re up to date - they told me the same thing but it’s not correct. I think they only see ‘recalls’ on your VIN# since there aren’t any for uconnect, because they are not official recalls, then they say it’s up to date.

That’s exactly what the guy said, if I’ve done my recall and then said i was up to date. Maybe take a a trip to the dealer and see what they say

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 with 56k miles and software updates are no longer covered, however; I asked the dealer to perform any available updates including uconnect. He said there 9 applied updates - 1.6hours of time. However; when I check uconnect it still shows version 18.23.29 and according to Chrysler recalls I’ve found they are supposed to be on version 28.x.x (I don’t have the exact number in front of me) - I pulled it by entering the uconnect engineering menu. I called Chrysler and they were no help, said the system shows my truck is up to date, which is obviously not, and could not tell me any versions, etc. Just whatever their system shows which is zero help.

Can anyone tell me what the latest uconnect software version is and is there a way to check to see if the other updates were applied? For example, there is an update regarding slow cooling that I asked them to apply because I’m experiencing the exact same thing described. Although it’s a TSB, apparnetly software updates are not covered on extended Mopar warranty.

Appreciate any help!

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Wanted to ask a question about software versions. Please PM me on my specific VIN and situation. My main concern is that I want to know if a software update is available that allows the HVAC Fan to blow it's maximum speed instead of it being limited by the software. It blows faster on Auto than being set on 7 and it has variable speeds with Auto that are all faster than the highest setting.

Wsmith

Reaction score

Somebody has to pay the tech to do the update. After your warranty has expired the dealer will probably tell you you have an old version.

02tts

Reaction score
Wanted to ask a question about software versions. Please PM me on my specific VIN and situation. My main concern is that I want to know if a software update is available that allows the HVAC Fan to blow it's maximum speed instead of it being limited by the software. It blows faster on Auto than being set on 7 and it has variable speeds with Auto that are all faster than the highest setting.
There is an TSB on slow to cool. I had an issue where when it was teal hot outside with the ac on low and on auto it would not blow at max speed - I had to manually put it on 7.

Dealer said update was done, I have not been able to test it because it hasn’t been hot enough. I was able to duplicate this every time as long as the car had been out on the sun all day - maybe something to do with internal temp since supposedly an update fixes it, not sure but I haven’t been able to test.

Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is an TSB on slow to cool. I had an issue where when it was teal hot outside with the ac on low and on auto it would not blow at max speed - I had to manually put it on 7.

Dealer said update was done, I have not been able to test it because it hasn’t been hot enough. I was able to duplicate this every time as long as the car had been out on the sun all day - maybe something to do with internal temp since supposedly an update fixes it, not sure but I haven’t been able to test.

Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to.
Mine blows slower on 7 than on Auto which means that the 7 setting is not actually the max fan speed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I would be happy to look into this. Can you please send me your VIN?

Alison
RamCares

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Uconnect and they said I was up to date. I feel like I’m behind at 18.23.29
I'm on that one too...since I bought the truck.

I had my truck at the dealership a couple of weeks ago and asked about radio updates. They told me that I was up-to-date but that they are usually one or two updates behind depending on how long they've been out.

I called uConnect and they "assured" me that there is an 8.4" update coming but they don't know when it will hit the streets. I'm not holding my breath since I've been told this since I bought my truck over a year and a half ago.

Users who are viewing this thread