5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated today

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This software is actually for 2021 Trucks with 12 inch radios. Did anyone install it on a 2019 or 2020 radio?
Most of the people who have done it have 19s and 20s, including myself.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
The navigation in my truck is absolutely useless most of the time. If I don't pronounce something the way I "think" the truck would say it, it will not find an address. This makes it incredibly hard living in South Louisiana, where most names are non existent and pronounced differently than they are spelled.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Been ignoring the update for a couple of days. Now I get a message about scheduling the install, and I get locked out of any function on the unit.
Do I really have to do it? I have no issues currently, and always use waze and CarPlay.

Bram2019

Reaction score
How do you know?
I know it is not available from Chrysler for 2019 and 2020 vehicles. It is for 2021. It appears it does work as others have said. Just not official for 2019-2020. I guess roll your own dice. What is the advantage of this software anyway. If it updates the maps, it is definitely worth doing.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed so far with this update is if I play music through bluetooth now sometimes the sound stops working and I have to pause and unpause the track. Haven't checked the weather portion of the radio yet as that would never load previously.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know it is not available from Chrysler for 2019 and 2020 vehicles. It is for 2021. It appears it does work as others have said. Just not official for 2019-2020. I guess roll your own dice. What is the advantage of this software anyway. If it updates the maps, it is definitely worth doing.
For me, the added benefit, was my weather radar map now works properly. Plus, in the year and a half I have owned the truck, not a single OTA update had ever been pushed through while every other model year was getting updates. You can't tell me there wasn't a single bug in the 2020 model year radios that didn't need some update. Because there definitely was.

Bram2019

Reaction score
For me, the added benefit, was my weather radar map now works properly. Plus, in the year and a half I have owned the truck, not a single OTA update had ever been pushed through while every other model year was getting updates. You can't tell me there wasn't a single bug in the 2020 model year radios that didn't need some update. Because there definitely was.
Clearly there were some bugs. It is odd the way some guys get updates and others do not. The ota updates only go to factory installed radios which I assume everyone knows.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A bunch of us wanted the off-road and performance pages. If bug fixes were included in the update, that's an unexpected bonus.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Clearly there were some bugs. It is odd the way some guys get updates and others do not. The ota updates only go to factory installed radios which I assume everyone knows.
It is curious that there isn't just a "check for updates" button on the units so that they go can pull down the updates.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
So, using Waze yesterday I noticed that some of the words get cut off when it is telling you directions. Its like it has a speech impediment now. And I noticed that if I am playing music on my phone before I plug it up, it will automatically pick up on AA. Haven't checked the radar thing, hopefully that works now. It was terrible before.

Julio13

Reaction score
Question for anyone the knows this I still have not received update on my 2021 ram 1500 big horn 12” screen my question is what does it use to get the update or you would need to pay for the trucks hot spot to get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the update last week as well. I absentmindedly hit the accept button thinking it was yet another weather alert. I was running errands all day and constantly in & out of the truck.. everytime I'd start the truck, it would pop the same damn warning I had already accepted and I'd have to accept it, yet again.. so when this came up I just clicked and kept driving. It wasn't until I got the downloading screen a few second later I realized what I had done.

I don't think I've had an update in over a year, so I was worried this was going to brick my craptastic infotainment system and the 36k warranty is up in maybe 2k miles. -knock on wood- it doesn't seem to have a changed a thing and everything 'works' as craptastically as it did prior to the update.

There was nothing on the 'what's new' page for me too.

Jim L

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500. i dont drive it much and not on the forum in months but used the truck today and got an over the air update. When I got back in the truck it had an error message saying error code 20 and nothing was working on my system. Anyway, later on went back out and all seemed fine but I’m not sure the system updated. From what I read error code 20 is the kiss of death but again all seems fine. anyone else experience this? Thanks

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at the dealer yesterday for some warranty work and they did some software updates.
On the drive home I noticed that the Blue Highlights in the 12" NAV Screen are now Red for
the Default setting.

Malodave

Bram2019

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500. i dont drive it much and not on the forum in months but used the truck today and got an over the air update. When I got back in the truck it had an error message saying error code 20 and nothing was working on my system. Anyway, later on went back out and all seemed fine but I’m not sure the system updated. From what I read error code 20 is the kiss of death but again all seems fine. anyone else experience this? Thanks
Code 20 means the update failed at the cell modem update section in the radio. It most likely rolled back to the software in the radio before it attempted to update. It may try again down the road. You can see what version you have to see if it actually did the update.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've got my update installed over the air on Sunday. I've bought my truck new in August 2020 and this is the first time when I've got Uconnect update. Artist name when streaming through Carplay still doesn't show. "What's new" page was empty. I don't see any changes.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've got my update installed over the air on Sunday. I've bought my truck new in August 2020 and this is the first time when I've got Uconnect update. Artist name when streaming through Carplay still doesn't show. "What's new" page was empty. I don't see any changes.
So I've decided to update to PR39.7 using the USB drive. My version that was installed on Sunday was LR34.31, not the latest one. Manual update took 20 minutes and went fine. Now I have Off-road pages (no ECU reset was needed) and working on adding Performance Pages through AlfaOBD.

Users who are viewing this thread