5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys with 35X12.50 on stock 18’s clearing the UCA’s?... I’m having trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJ84

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing a significant drop in MPG’s after installing the lift?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I’m going to do the lift and add toyo at 3’s in 275/60/20, tires aren’t set in stone yet I may go with something else. How bad are we talking......
Same as Jeffjad. I'm running 295/70/18 which is 34.3 tall. The lift and weight of the new wheels and tires is a mpg killer.

Robwhit03

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me what your overall height is. Ground to the top of your sharkfin. I am in DC so height is a big deal for me.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me what your overall height is. Ground to the top of your sharkfin. I am in DC so height is a big deal for me.
If you're asking me it's between 80 1/4 and 80 1/2 inches. That's sitting in my garage on level ground with 44psi in the tires.

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
So I have a question for the folks who did the ORP springs for the level. Not sure if some of the information I am about to state is correct or not, so will be happy to be corrected.

I have the AC kit installed, so there is no spacer, am I correct in the assumption that it is achieving its front lift in much the same way a bilstein shock would with just moving the seat up? If that is the case, I am wondering why did you choose the ORP springs vs just doing an 1.5 inch spacer like the top hat spacer in the RL 3.5? Would this not be very similar to the folks who are doing the combination of RL and bilstein shocks (where the bilstein shock is set at 4 with the 1.5 top hate spacer)? Is the idea that this ride quality would be worse than the ORP springs?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have a question for the folks who did the ORP springs for the level. Not sure if some of the information I am about to state is correct or not, so will be happy to be corrected.

I have the AC kit installed, so there is no spacer, am I correct in the assumption that it is achieving its front lift in much the same way a bilstein shock would with just moving the seat up? If that is the case, I am wondering why did you choose the ORP springs vs just doing an 1.5 inch spacer like the top hat spacer in the RL 3.5? Would this not be very similar to the folks who are doing the combination of RL and bilstein shocks (where the bilstein shock is set at 4 with the 1.5 top hate spacer)? Is the idea that this ride quality would be worse than the ORP springs?
I went the ORP route because I wanted to stay with all mopar parts just in case I have any warranty issues. I've also heard top hats can be squeaky sometimes.

Last edited:

doolin64

Reaction score
I think the 1.5" tophat could make you look nose high. At least from the pictures I've seen, the ORP springs look dead level to my eye. Measurements may tell a different story. I like a little bit rake. I have a Mopar 2" on order from Ebay. Unfortunately, I think it's a deadbeat seller (Smokey Mountain Parts) and Friday is the earliest I can ask ebay for a refund since I have not received the lift. I also ordered the Wulf 1/2" top spacer. I liked the stance of @GraniteRam 's truck.

Last edited:

skylarfaucett

Reaction score

Please Update when you figure it out ... I have the AC kit installed and I’m looking for the cheapest and best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osage91

Reaction score
Is anybody here running 33x12.5 on an 18” oem rim? If so can you post pics of your set-up?

dnelso2

Reaction score
Got it, I’ll be doing some timber grove bags as well in the back for leveling the rear back up. I would like to see the fender measurements of the revised kit. If there’s still a little rake with the kit I’m good with it, just didn’t want to go full level because of towing.
Shouldn’t matter if you are putting bags in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread