5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Hey man, I am a little confused about the part numbers and the additional ring you are referencing. I bought my 2" kit a month ago from a local dealer so i assumed i had the updated kit but i do not see the rings? Do i have to contact the dealer and buy the rings or do i have the wrong kit?

Attachments

• 20210123_161852.jpg
    20210123_161852.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210123_161859.jpg
    20210123_161859.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210123_161907.jpg
    20210123_161907.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50

nilsd

Reaction score
2" mopar plus ORP springs in front (3" overall lift in front) 20" wheels with 35s and
I still fit in my local car wash with 7 ft clearance. My shark fin clears the bar by 2 inches. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
Thanks to you and the other 2 guys who shared info on this!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
Hey man, I am a little confused about the part numbers and the additional ring you are referencing. I bought my 2" kit a month ago from a local dealer so i assumed i had the updated kit but i do not see the rings? Do i have to contact the dealer and buy the rings or do i have the wrong kit?
Pretty sure you need the spacer!! Just had this same mopar lift installed and I still have same rake. No one really has a definite answer on the forum and the dealership and mopar sure as hell don’t either. My truck is going in Tuesday to see if they installed the spacer or not originally...
Super frustrating

good luck

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that after the AA kit there wasn’t a front spacer anymore. Mine did not come with one. This kit doesn’t improve our rake situation really at all, I’m still at 2 inches of rake. If you want to eliminate rake then you’d need to explore lowering the rear by an inch, the ORP springs in the front, or I have seen a few posts of people using a front spacer

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure you need the spacer!! Just had this same mopar lift installed and I still have same rake. No one really has a definite answer on the forum and the dealership and mopar sure as hell don’t either. My truck is going in Tuesday to see if they installed the spacer or not originally...
Super frustrating

good luck
I installed the AB kit and it did not have a spacer. Add ORP springs in front if you want to eliminate rake.

Last edited:

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
I am ok with the rake as we will be towing a little camper with it, but just want to make sure I get the true 2" lift front and rear. I just opened up the front shocks and found 1 ring on each shock. Do you guys think I need the additional rings?

Attachments

• 16115115021531035438082167508832.jpg
    16115115021531035438082167508832.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 87

doolin64

Reaction score
I am ok with the rake as we will be towing a little camper with it, but just want to make sure I get the true 2" lift front and rear. I just opened up the front shocks and found 1 ring on each shock. Do you guys think I need the additional rings?
Measure the length of your strut. I'm guessing you have the newer version with the longer strut. That eliminated the need for the extra ring your asking about. There's some photos back in this thread with pictures and measurements on the newer strut.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Your good to go, same kit as mine.

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all the help! I will measure them up tomorrow.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the current day kits leave you with no rake after installation is that correct??
Not correct...... new kit will still leave some rake just not at much as the original kit. I know it's a lot to read through but it's all explained in this thread.

Jsyjud

Reaction score
New to the group and wanted to say this thread has been a plethora of knowledge! Some really great info in here. I traded my 18 DSRT in on a new 2021 Laramie Sport a month ago for my wife and she is loving it. I just picked up the 2" Mopar kit from dealershirp yesterday and they are quoting me $1,220 for installation and another $540 for a calibration they say i will need in order to run bigger tires. Has anyone heard of this calibration they speak of? Personally I think they are Cracked! I don't see this being more than a 6 hour job with the proper tools and knowledge. Also I checked with another local dealer and they quoted me 960 out the door with alignment and had no clue about a calibration.
That is high in my opinion. I paid $1,000 for the lift $385 for install and $125 for speedo recalibration

Robwhit03

Reaction score
Springs will do the trick and open your front wheel wells a little more
So If I have a 2019 bighorn stock height and suspension and I add the 2" lift with the off road package springs will this give me a level truck? I would go with an aftermarket leveling kit but I have the extended warranty and don't want to void it. Does the orp on the front and 2" kit (new version AB) give me a level truck?

eproulx38

Reaction score
I had stock suspension. I added mopar 2 inch lift and the front orp. It left me with 1/2 inch rake on mine.

doolin64

Reaction score
Do you have a picture you could share. Thanks
All the information you seek is located within this thread. I think I've read all 70+ pages twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread