5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

abrink41

Reaction score
You will get an additional 2" of lift on top of your offroad package. Stacking your lift on top of the ORP will give you 3" total lift over a truck like mine (all stock...no ORP and no lift).
Curious - how does the Off Road Package give the 1" of lift? Do you think 3" of total lift would be ok? Affect driving, etc..

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You get the extra inch from the longer ORP spring. I have a total of 3.25" in front and 2" in back, all is good. ORP springs will stiffen the ride a bit more.
I have the same, didn’t noticed much in terms of stiffness but I also drive race karts and race cars, so pretty numb to bumps. Rides much better than my lifted GMC though.

abrink41

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of your comments. I ordered a Laramie with the ORP and never got a chance to drive one with that configuration. I drove the Rebel and the Limited with air suspension. I didn't want the complexity of the air suspension, but I'm hoping the ORP has a good ride!

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
What is everyone’s fender height after installation without ORP shocks and stock 18 wheels?
I’m 38 1/2 in front and 41 in back. I’m presuming they may have installed the lift wrong.

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
New to the group and wanted to say this thread has been a plethora of knowledge! Some really great info in here. I traded my 18 DSRT in on a new 2021 Laramie Sport a month ago for my wife and she is loving it. I just picked up the 2" Mopar kit from dealershirp yesterday and they are quoting me $1,220 for installation and another $540 for a calibration they say i will need in order to run bigger tires. Has anyone heard of this calibration they speak of? Personally I think they are Cracked! I don't see this being more than a 6 hour job with the proper tools and knowledge. Also I checked with another local dealer and they quoted me 960 out the door with alignment and had no clue about a calibration.

doolin64

Reaction score
@DSBUD4U they are talking about calibrating your speedo for the new tire size. This will.allow your speed/mileage and shifts points to be correct. Its not required, but it does help. You can buy a calibrator and do it for yourself.

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
New to the group and wanted to say this thread has been a plethora of knowledge! Some really great info in here. I traded my 18 DSRT in on a new 2021 Laramie Sport a month ago for my wife and she is loving it. I just picked up the 2" Mopar kit from dealershirp yesterday and they are quoting me $1,220 for installation and another $540 for a calibration they say i will need in order to run bigger tires. Has anyone heard of this calibration they speak of? Personally I think they are Cracked! I don't see this being more than a 6 hour job with the proper tools and knowledge. Also I checked with another local dealer and they quoted me 960 out the door with alignment and had no clue about a calibration.

I payed 1995 + tax for all parts labor and alignment... I don’t think they calibrated my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
I payed 1995 + tax for all parts labor and alignment... I don’t think they calibrated my truck.

I payed 1180 for my kit with a coupon. 1995 with labor and alignment isn't horrible in comparison.

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
@DSBUD4U they are talking about calibrating your speedo for the new tire size. This will.allow your speed/mileage and shifts points to be correct. Its not required, but it does help. You can buy a calibrator and do it for yourself.
Do you have a recommendation on which calibrator to use?

Midnight1988

Reaction score
I didn’t run one and most truck computers are good enough now to update its own system without recalibrating. Just depends on if your lift and tires are drastically larger than stock.

-Midnight @midnight_the1500

Laramie 5’ 7” 4x4 Crew Cab
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Level 2 Equipment Group
19–Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, Blind–Spot with Cross–Path Detection, HD Radio, Heated Second–Row Seats, ParkSense Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Rear Under–Seat Compartment Storage, Remote Tailgate–Release, Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split–Recline Seat Single–Disc Remote CD Player, Tailgate–Ajar Warning Lamp, Uconnect 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display, Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle, 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine, Panoramic sunroof, Power Running Boards, Rear Wheelhouse–Liners , 33–Gallon Fuel Tank, 20” polished rims, drop in bed liner

Items installed after purchase:
RetraxPro MX Tonneau Cover, Yakima crossbars and Bike rack, Mopar 2” lift kit, Ceramic Coated, Tinted windows, AMP research side step 2.0, Lasfit Auto lighting for third brake light, K&N drop in air and cabin filter, Suspension and Transfer Case skid plates, 285/65R20 BF Goodrich KO2s, Wilco offset hitchgate.

doolin64

Reaction score
Checked their website and says nothing is available for the 2021. Do you know if the one for the 19 works?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1220 for install is crazy and the calibration is a crock of sh**. 960 for install is about average and very reasonable.

nilsd

Reaction score
Has anyone measured the overall height increase (from the roof or antenna) after the lift and new tires?

I have about 4" to spare in height going into my garage right now. I'd love to go with the 2" MOPAR and 285/55/22s, but I feel like I'll be cutting things awfully close. Any reference points from the lift with other tire combos would be extremely appreciated!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone measured the overall height increase (from the roof or antenna) after the lift and new tires?

I have about 4" to spare in height going into my garage right now. I'd love to go with the 2" MOPAR and 285/55/22s, but I feel like I'll be cutting things awfully close. Any reference points from the lift with other tire combos would be extremely appreciated!
2" mopar plus ORP springs in front (3" overall lift in front) 20" wheels with 35s and
I still fit in my local car wash with 7 ft clearance. My shark fin clears the bar by 2 inches. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

Last edited:

GraniteRam

Reaction score

Mopar lift and 295/70/18 which is 34.3" tire and I still fit in my seven foot garage door.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar lift and 295/70/18 which is 34.3" tire and I still fit in my seven foot garage door.

How do you like that size tire on the truck? I’m back and forth with what size to get? Any pics?

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
‘19 Laramie with 2” Mopar and Falken 295/60r20. My garage is 6’8”. Truck fits, but less than 1” clearance (just eying it). Snow drifts against the garage door are beyond my comfort level.

Users who are viewing this thread