5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

EJ84

Reaction score
What’s a realistic cost to get this kit installed with an alignment? My dealership quoted $1,900, does that seem high?

rugerjw

Reaction score
What’s a realistic cost to get this kit installed with an alignment? My dealership quoted $1,900, does that seem high?
If you are buying it from the dealer and also having them install it that doesn't seem terribly high if they are charging you msrp price on the kit which I believe is about 1350. So if you take tax and all that into consideration based on the time the kit supposedly takes and the alignment included the install price isn't that bad. If you are looking to save some money though you can get it through different dealers online and save a few hundred bucks on the kit. I got mine for a little less than 1100 no tax. Installed it myself and was about 80 for an alignment after install.

Jsavoie

Reaction score
I have brand new 2.5" leveling spacers for sale $50.00 (shipping not included)

My truck is already leveled but with the Rough Country preload spacer which is making that annoying squeak, just trying to find an upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsavoie

Reaction score
Not exactly sure what the measurements would be but my guess is that you would prob sit just a little nose high. As GraniteRam said that would be an expensive way to to level your truck if that's all your looking to do.

Alex5737

Reaction score
@Azango Can you post up a picture of your truck with the rake? I'd like to see a photo of the truck without the ORD front springs. I prefer some rake. That's because to me visually, when people post the pictures of there trucks level (per a tape measure), they tend to look nose high. This is just due to the shape of the fenders and layout of the truck.
This is mine with Mopar lift and OPR front springs only. This was 1st gen lift so they added the 1" spacer provided by Fox.

Attachments

• 20201130_141056.jpg
    20201130_141056.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 216

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
I have the same part# but w the spacer. They added after the fact after I did some research.

I also have the first gen kit. But the installer didn’t put the provided spacers. And my rake is almost 3”. He basically said that putting spacer on top of another spacer is not safe.
I would like the front to go one inch higher.

Alex5737

Reaction score
I also have the first gen kit. But the installer didn’t put the provided spacers. And my rake is almost 3”. He basically said that putting spacer on top of another spacer is not safe.

I had mine installed at a dealer. Originally I brought a 1" Wulf spacer. I was told by the mechanic that he did not feel it was safe to do. Then I ordered the actual fox one that is meant to come on the shock and he had no problem doing it. Not sure of where it sits on the shock but I still love the ride. Best was it was a free update since it was kinda a recall for mopar.

Alex5737

Reaction score

Oh and its seriously like a 5.00 part. So frustrating took me months to resolve.

EJ84

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the 2” lift with a 275/60/20 tire?

Purcy2000

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM 1500 RWD Laramie w/o air suspension, and ordered part# 77072424AC from a dealership in Georgia. They emailed me and said that they could not confirm the fitment on my truck. Any reason why this would not work on my truck?

Thank You,
Purcy

doolin64

Reaction score
Really want to run 35s...which I know you can with this lift. Some people have to heat up and mold the plastic wheel wells.

So my question is...where does it rub? I'm running a non ORP night edition on the stock 22s. I added Husky mud guards/flaps. Hoping to be able to run these.

Last edited:

EJ84

Reaction score
Well I just checked with the dealer who quoted me $1900 for the lift installed, they are now telling me it’s $1350 for the lift and $1300 for the install that it’s a 1-2 day job.
Is 4-5 hours a reasonable amount of time to install the lift?

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Well I just checked with the dealer who quoted me $1900 for the lift installed, they are now telling me it’s $1350 for the lift and $1300 for the install that it’s a 1-2 day job.
Is 4-5 hours a reasonable amount of time to install the lift?
I doubt 4-5 hours doing it at home, really depends if you have all the tools available and multiple jacks. without rushing 6-8 hours maybe

EJ84

Reaction score
I doubt 4-5 hours doing it at home, really depends if you have all the tools available and multiple jacks. without rushing 6-8 hours maybe
I don’t have the tools for the install, I was wondering if a dealership should be able to do it in 4-5 hours?

Users who are viewing this thread