5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Try living in Canada, we get hosed compared to you guys... My dealer quoted me $2600 CDN which is $2000 USD, I believe another Canadian member her was quoted $2400 CDN which is $1800 USD. When it comes to aftermarket or anything actually, we always usually pay more than what you folks pay. Ordering from the US is the only other option and sometimes that isn't worth it depending on shipping. When it crosses the border we also pay taxes, which is normal, but depending on the person inspecting you may pay the taxes on the price you paid or you may pay taxes on how much the item sells for here. Lucky enough, because I would be pre-paying my taxes through the eBay international shipping they already calculate import cost. Now everything works like that. Even worst, if the item you are buying from the US isn't made in America or Mexico (made in China etc..) then we are also nailed with duties as well. So in other words, if the items do not fall under NAFTA then we pay duties.

I love my country 100% and I am lucky to live here but I do think we get hosed when it comes to purchasing certain items. In the US your phone, cable and internet is CHEAP.. Canada (at least Ontario) we get hosed. Partly due to lack of competition and restrictions with the government. I was paying $300/month ($250usd) (with discounts) for my internet and TV package which had movies, some add channels and internet that was slow. I have since cancelled cable, and only have internet with a discount provider and still have like $70/month ($52usd). My cell phone bill which gets me 23gig/month (again special promotions and gifted from cell provider because my iPad was lost during shipment -not their fault but they stepped up to the plate) I pay $143/month ($105usd).. What do you think of them apples lol...
Damn, I guess you guys do get hosed on local and US purchases coming across the border. Sorry man...

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ what he said ^^^
You might even feel a slight droop in the front end when at full wheel lock now, also normal after Mopar lift since you moved the angle of the lower control arm up and the arm now hits the top nub (see pic) causing it to droop a little, also not a big deal.
4B87A098-F1D5-4862-9EAB-7DD1E989B23A~2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^^ what he said ^^^
You might even feel a slight droop in the front end when at full wheel lock, also normal since you moved the angle of the lower control arm up and the arm now hits the top nub (see pic) causing it to droop a little, also not a big deal.
View attachment 59484
Alright.... I appreciate your feedback I just was under the truck and noticed the wear marks and got a little concerned

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Anytime (y) truck looks awesome.
Well, I finally got my lift and tires installed. Here are some before and after pics along with some ground to top of wheel well measurements.
Looks like I gained a little over 3.5" in front and a little over 3" in the back. Tires are 295/60R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W

1592691288805.png 1592691352143.png 1592691451861.png 1592691510423.png 1592693186088.png 1592693238504.png
1592693314805.png 1592693363296.png

Lungs414

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my lift and tires installed. Here are some before and after pics along with some ground to top of wheel well measurements.
Looks like I gained a little over 3.5" in front and a little over 3" in the back. Tires are 295/60R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W

View attachment 59672 View attachment 59673 View attachment 59674 View attachment 59675 View attachment 59677 View attachment 59678
View attachment 59679 View attachment 59680
Looks great. Did same Mopar 2" lift. Got new wheels put 2 coats of ceramic on them getting Toyo AT3 in same size Monday. Went to dealer who did lift, since they priced out the same as internet. Also used a 10% off coupon. I have road hazard warranty so was only interested in best price.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sergetexan

Reaction score

View attachment 59672 View attachment 59673 View attachment 59674 View attachment 59675 View attachment 59677 View attachment 59678
View attachment 59679 View attachment 59680
Looks great, so please confirm, for the Mopar 2” lift the rear is raised by the spacers and the front Is raised slightly higher with longer front struts? This raises two questions, why are you seeing more than 2 inches on rear and I thought the Mopar lift did not level the front? Do u have additional spacers or add ORP springs? Please confirm the p/n of your package, thanks.

Mother

Reaction score
Looks great, so please confirm, for the Mopar 2” lift the rear is raised by the spacers and the front Is raised slightly higher with longer front struts? This raises two questions, why are you seeing more than 2 inches on rear and I thought the Mopar lift did not level the front? Do u have additional spacers or add ORP springs? Please confirm the p/n of your package, thanks.

He's measuring from the ground and he also added taller tires.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
For the Mopar kit yes, the spacers is what lifts the rear, and the Fox shocks only improve the ride over stock shocks. My North Edition came with ORP springs which is why I’m getting the amount of lift compared to a non ORP truck. I did not add any additional spacers. The guy at my local 4X4 shop that did the installation said he could not install the rear spacers and it would probably be real close if not perfectly level but I was concerned about the front being higher than the rear which I would not like at all. I think leveled trucks look awesome but I’m ok with some rake and when I put serious weight in the bed it will still look good and not ride too low. The part number for my kit which I got from an eBay FCA dealer for just under $1000 is 77072424AB. CNYMOPAR

Users who are viewing this thread