5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone lowered the rear of the mopar lift to 1.5 block? If so, did you get rid of the trackbar relocation bracket?

Drew1man

Reaction score
As noted above newer kit ends in "AB". Dealers are extremely slow on finding this info. Mopar will also be releasing a 2" rear drop (level) soon.
I’ve called the dealership and advised I want the “AB” but they only have the part # ending in 2424 without any designation. As it is a special order, there are no returns. Is there any way for them to add a note in the order to assure the “AB” arrives or any other useful info to ensure the correct part is ordered? Thanks!!

Ramalama

Reaction score
No there is no way to add a note the parts guys just need to know what they are doing. Fox is also aware of new kit so its possible to order.
I’ve called the dealership and advised I want the “AB” but they only have the part # ending in 2424 without any designation. As it is a special order, there are no returns. Is there any way for them to add a note in the order to assure the “AB” arrives or any other useful info to ensure the correct part is ordered? Thanks!!

Mossy89

Reaction score
I have the RC 2" level kit and I'm looking at getting 22x12 rims with a -44 offset. I really want 35" ridge grapplers but the local shop keeps telling me to go with 33s. What fender modification am i looking at, just fender trimming or more? Thanks

Cjccj4

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am considering this kit, but really I just want to level the truck. Front lift only. Is there another similar kit that does that or just get this kit and dont add the rear spacers? I already have new wheels and tires and really dont want to get new tires. Thanks

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am considering this kit, but really I just want to level the truck. Front lift only. Is there another similar kit that does that or just get this kit and dont add the rear spacers? I already have new wheels and tires and really dont want to get new tires. Thanks

The most popular seems to be the Readylift 2" with Upper Control Arms. It's a $530 kit just to level the front, however it doesn't include different shocks. But you honestly don't need them. The UCA will help maintain the factory ride with this level. Just avoid the spacer only kits, the ride will be too harsh on those.

The Readylift kit is also compatible with the Rebel coil spring trucks, while the Mopar kit is not.

Last edited:

Cjccj4

Reaction score
Thank you for that information. I will look into that one. I do want to change the shocks though. Ive had great experiences with fox shocks.

Tac747

Reaction score
Hi all. I just went into my dealer to order the Mopar/Fox lift kit and have them install. The woman at the desk said it wasn’t available for my truck. Huh?? I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn. Conventional suspension, not air ride, with the 6.4 bed. She called Mopar and confirmed. Said it was a bed length issue and only available for the short bed? How does that make sense?

I’ve never had much faith in my dealerships service dept but anyone have any thoughts?
I have checked with every dealer within 100 miles of sacramento ca. and no one will install the mopar lift unless you have a crew cab with the 5'7" bed. Believe me I have tried to get the mopar lift on my quad cab with the 6'4" bed.

R

Rob5589

I have checked with every dealer within 100 miles of sacramento ca. and no one will install the mopar lift unless you have a crew cab with the 5'7" bed. Believe me I have tried to get the mopar lift on my quad cab with the 6'4" bed.
Any reason why you cannot diy? Or find a local off road shop, not 4 Wheel Parts, to do the install?

EStein

Reaction score
I don’t understand?? Waiting for Bilstein I guess....

Tac747

Reaction score
Any reason why you cannot diy? Or find a local off road shop, not 4 Wheel Parts, to do the install?
I was thinking of that, and I still might but I have already had the ready lift 3.5 installed. I still may have someone else swap out the ready lift for the mopar, just because, and this is my own personal opinion, the CV joint angles seem a little extreme to me, even though RL and the dealers service guy in charge of suspension says that the angles are fine.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just talked to my Service Department about getting the MOPAR 2" lift installed. They will not install a lift that is purchased from elsewhere. The total price "out the door" for parts and labor is $2387.00. That is ridiculous. They said it is an 8 hour labor charge plus the lift kit and alignment.

siareone

Reaction score
Got my lift done over the weekend. 2 inch mopar lift with the ORP springs. Within 1/2 inch of level. Loving it!! Thanks to all for answering my questions in the beginning.

Attachments

• 20191004_082537.jpg
    20191004_082537.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 20191004_082548.jpg
    20191004_082548.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 20191004_082604.jpg
    20191004_082604.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 525

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just talked to my Service Department about getting the MOPAR 2" lift installed. They will not install a lift that is purchased from elsewhere. The total price "out the door" for parts and labor is $2387.00. That is ridiculous. They said it is an 8 hour labor charge plus the lift kit and alignment.

Call another dealer, 8 hours is a bit mouth for that kit, even front and rear.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my lift done over the weekend. 2 inch mopar lift with the ORP springs. Within 1/2 inch of level. Loving it!! Thanks to all for answering my questions in the beginning.
Looks good. You might want to update your signature with the details of your truck and Mods. This will help others to identify what you have without them needing to constantly ask you questions. With that in mid.......what is your tire size?

siareone

Reaction score
Looks good. You might want to update your signature with the details of your truck and Mods. This will help others to identify what you have without them needing to constantly ask you questions. With that in mid.......what is your tire size?
Thank you. I will do that. Tire size is 295 60 20

siareone

Reaction score
My dealer was going to charge me 600 for the install. I ended up doing the install myself. I got the lift off of eBay for 900. So yes that does seem extreme. I was told it was a 4 hour job. If you have another dealer in town, I would give them a ring and compare. Also not a hard job to do yourself honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread