5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

ryanJ

Reaction score
My shocks are shot and need to be replaced. My understanding is that they can be rebuilt but I can’t have that downtime. Does anyone do a core swap.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shocks are shot and need to be replaced. My understanding is that they can be rebuilt but I can’t have that downtime. Does anyone do a core swap.
Dumped my Fox shocks and went to bilstein for this exact reason. Rebuild isn't cheap and couldn't afford the 3 to 4 week downtime. Good luck!

ryanJ

Reaction score
Dumped my Fox shocks and went to bilstein for this exact reason. Rebuild isn't cheap and couldn't afford the 3 to 4 week downtime. Good luck!
That’s the exact other option I was considering. How do you feel about the ride quality?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes ride quality is better (softer) than it was with the Fox shocks in my opinion. I also had the ORP springs with the Mopar lift so I don't know if that contributed to a stiffer ride or not. My Fox shocks were shot after about 20k miles on them.

I had Bilsteins on my 4th gen as well and I loved them but I was too impatient to wait for them to come out for the 5th gen hence the Mopar lift initially.

N8Dog

Reaction score
I ended up selling my Ram recently that I posted about earlier in this thread. I have a brand new front shock that was warrantied and never put on I’d like to get rid of. Let me know if any of you are interested and maybe we can work something out.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.jpeg
    IMG_2265.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6

N8Dog

Reaction score
Oh I also have the bed divider/extender as well (ram box width)

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread