5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular opinion(?): I like the 4th gen styling better than 5th gen

drew7811

Reaction score
Sorry, but no way. 5th Gen is far more aggressive and looks so much better. My last truck was a '11 Laramie (Gen 4) and it was a great truck as well. I just think the look of my 5th Gen is far superior. My Just my 2 cents.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
The 5th Gen is what brought me around to Rams. I never really liked the Fender Light look, reminded me of old dump trucks:
img.axd

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I told my sales guy that I would miss my 14, there’s nothing really bad about that design. If I had the money I’d have kept it as a work truck, but that was more than I had to spend. It was a really solid Sport, was in for service one time in 5 years - my 19 has been in around a dozen times since November.

Attachments

• E1F04FCD-4A6D-4D8D-805B-E8A2E83BBC97.jpeg
    E1F04FCD-4A6D-4D8D-805B-E8A2E83BBC97.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 19

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
-but, the 5th gen is pretty sweet

Attachments

• E78A499D-B756-4F44-8D58-89F341A83FF3.jpeg
    E78A499D-B756-4F44-8D58-89F341A83FF3.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 22

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I told my sales guy that I would miss my 14, there’s nothing really bad about that design. If I had the money I’d have kept it as a work truck, but that was more than I had to spend. It was a really solid Sport, was in for service one time in 5 years - my 19 has been in around a dozen times since November.

You could have still bought a 1500 classic instead of the 2019 new model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
You could have still bought a 1500 classic instead of the 2019 new model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s very true, but not sure I’d have been able to handle the span 3 designs in the amount of time to pay it off 😁 I’d be standing at the window of the 6th gen ram site with a tear in my eye

pensfan

Reaction score
My preference would be the 4th gen exterior with the 5th gen interior. 4th gen is much more distinctive. You could tell what it was from a long distance. The 5th gen, especially the blackout versions are hard to identify without being close to it. Ram had a brand identity for 25 years with the crosshairs and Ram badge in the center. They threw it all away with the 5th gen Rams.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My preference would be the 4th gen exterior with the 5th gen interior. 4th gen is much more distinctive. You could tell what it was from a long distance. The 5th gen, especially the blackout versions are hard to identify without being close to it. Ram had a brand identity for 25 years with the crosshairs and Ram badge in the center. They threw it all away with the 5th gen Rams.
I'm of the opposite opinion. I don't need a cross hair grille to tell a 5th gen Ram from any other pickup out there. To me they're very distinctive even without the iconic grilles of the past. Especially a Night Edition of any trim level. I owned two 4th gens but wasn't really a fan of the exterior design. I never thought the bed went with the cab. Almost like the two were designed by two different teams and cobbed together at assembly. And I was never really a fan of the cross hair grille, which is why the last 4th gen I owned was a Rebel.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I was doing work in a house when I had my 14, a middle-aged guy was walking his dog and stopped to tell me that the truck was super nice and exactly what he’d want to buy. Had a similar thing happen recently in my 19. Maybe everything looks the same from far away but up close the detail is worth looking at.

I’ve found that the box and doors together look best if you’re standing 3-4 feet higher than the truck, 20 ish feet away, you get more of the idea of the design (in my experience, anyway). It’s pretty sweet.

I can spot the 5th gen lights from a good distance away.

Users who are viewing this thread