5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Button

bluejay505

Reaction score
Good news is I purchased the truck with no financing needed. This was originally a repo from the previous owner. Originated from CA and I had it shipped all the way to GA since this was the only Rebel I could find fully loaded with the 12 inch screen and adaptive cruise in the maximum steel color.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a used 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel. I noticed a random blue button underneath the steering column by the OBD port. I also traced it back to a module and a harness connected to random wires throughout. Could anyone identify what this may have been used for? Looks like half the harness was cut and wrapped in electrical tape leading to a possible unit of some sort?

Thanks!
you have just found a dealer installed device to track your truck.
look on your paperwork you probably paid for it.

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
No, this is in central CA where the nut jobs run things. He had decent credit and only a couple of late payments from a couple years back (he showed me his credit reports from TransUnion asking me if I could spot anything) and no repos or defaults.
the state does NOT tell finance companies what to do

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STATE!!!!!

stop with the political statement!

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So your dealer financed the truck? I thought FCA or other banks did financing? or your own bank/cu?

There was another thread on this awhile back that reported it was part of some security alarm feature of the high trim level OEM truck that FCA couldn't get the proper materials in time for build (covid), and just installed it this way. I thought they were supposed to OEM integrate this when material was available? I thought it was even covered in the manual, or dealer supplement as well?

Users who are viewing this thread