5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unhappy with these fog lights

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I have a feeling that I too will be adding another set down the line, perhaps some driving beam pattern pods. I really like how inexpensive it is to change out the lenses on the DD lights.
If DD can make retrofit boards for the halo lights to do color shifting, it would be interesting to know if they could make upgrade boards for the headlights with the max LED chips.

heres the part number for an “open” web/mesh.
11FEBB61-501A-45E9-B2A8-98EADCEAA511.jpeg

Last edited:

bnh105

Reaction score
I contacted DD today asking about wiring/plugs for factory LED equipped trucks. They said it looks like their kit will work for us too. I’m going to order a set of SS3 max in clear SAE fog ASAP. We also need to get the halogen fog bracket along with the halogen bezel.
It’s only about $40 in parts.
Any idea if these will work with trucks with sensors? I have a limited so it has quite a few sensors in there.

Bob.

Reaction score
I would think they would work. But my truck doesn't have the sensors in the bumper. You could call them, if they don't work I'm sure they would be getting eturns.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea if these will work with trucks with sensors? I have a limited so it has quite a few sensors in there.
I have a Limited as well and the only sensor by the fog lights (that I see) Iis the parking sensor and the bezel has provisions for that, same thing with the open mesh grill. I have a set of SS3 fogs, so going to by the non LED bezels and brackets. I'll most likely get the open mesh grill and put some driving light pods behind it.

bnh105

Reaction score
I have a Limited as well and the only sensor by the fog lights (that I see) Iis the parking sensor and the bezel has provisions for that, same thing with the open mesh grill. I have a set of SS3 fogs, so going to by the non LED bezels and brackets. I'll most likely get the open mesh grill and put some driving light pods behind it.
Let me know how it works please, I’d like to get these and put them in mine. I have the open mesh grill I put the hidden lightbar behind it

bnh105

Reaction score
Do you know which part you need for the bezel and brackets?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have them written down but think someone posted them earlier in the thread

Huskymush

Reaction score
Here's another option for fogs:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bezels: 68318117AB
Bracket: 68274697AA
I think that bracket one is incorrect, there is no mounting points on it, unless there is something on the LED fogs that you can re-use. The bezel part number is correct and its for the left and right bezels as a kit.
SO...does anyone have the part number for the foglight mount on non-LED trucks?

2slow95vert

Reaction score
I think that bracket one is incorrect, there is no mounting points on it, unless there is something on the LED fogs that you can re-use. The bezel part number is correct and its for the left and right bezels as a kit.
SO...does anyone have the part number for the foglight mount on non-LED trucks?
I just received both of those part numbers and I also think the bracket is incorrect. Does anyone know the correct part number? I have my DD SS3s and want to install them!

Bob.

Reaction score
It will say it on a small label on the outside of the box. I don't have the original box here but recall the SS3 lights were in a generic box but the tag said what the contents would fit. The bracket looks exactly like the original lights that come off. There are 2 allen screws that hold the light onto the bracke., 1 on each side. These allen screws are your adjustment up or down. So you will have to leave them a little snug then once your aim is good remove the light again and re-tighten them firmly. There are no adjustments side to side. There are 3 screws that hold the bracket to the truck bumper. The 4th hole is for a pin that sits in the bumper that aligns with the bracket. It's a 5 minute job to do. Hardest part is to remove the lower plastic fender skirt on the inside by the tire ( which takes a minute or 2, you may need to turn your tire for access, that's the hard part). There are 3 screws to remove for the inner fender cover.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
The parts I received from DD are correct and for a non led truck. I have an led equipped truck and ordered those 2 ram part numbers to be able to install them on my truck. I believe the part number for the Ram non led fog light brackets may be incorrect. I don't see how the DD bracket could mount to the Ram bracket I received.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
OK, So I installed the diode dynamics kit on my truck today. These are the part numbers you will need to fit it on an led equipped truck with parking sensors.
Ram part # 68403915AA Halogen fog light brackets
Ram part #68318117AB Fog light bezel kit with parking sensors

This is my thread about it

bnh105

Reaction score
OK, So I installed the diode dynamics kit on my truck today. These are the part numbers you will need to fit it on an led equipped truck with parking sensors.
Ram part # 68403915AA Halogen fog light brackets
Ram part #68318117AB Fog light bezel kit with parking sensors

This is my thread about it
Let’s see some pictures how it turned out!

ohioRAM1669

Reaction score
I purchased all LED upgrades for every single light on my vehicle because i am a snob and think halogen bulbs are for peasants.

that being stated, I really wanted to factory LED option but i couldn't find the spec I wanted with the LED's so I went out and purchased after market LED bulbs. I haven't had a problem with any bulb OTHER than the fog lights. The problem I suppose isn't with the bulb its self but with the **** poor housing of the NON LED fogs RAM decided to go with.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but they both hold water/moisture and that is something I cant STAND on any vehicle housing. Because of this, i have gone through 2 sets of LED bulbs and i couldn't take it anymore.

Yesterday I purchased the SS3 DD foglight in amber. I've always been a fan of yellow fogs with LED headlights (every VW i've built has had this set up) but I do have a question:

If I don't NEED the light output that the Pro and Max offer (I live in the city) and just like the look of the yellow fogs, has anyone seen or experienced the Sport level of these?

I purchased the Sport assuming they will be bright enough without the overpowering of the Pro and Max but if they are pointless I will go up to the Pro since they are on 3-4 week backorder anyway.

I appreciate the time.

Users who are viewing this thread