5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Seat Storage

JbVt

Reaction score
4A45A6C0-8002-419B-88AB-70C8BD11D8B3.jpeg
This is the part I’m worried about. I usually have to undo that pin in order to flip the mat back enough to open my ram bin.

taz2016

Reaction score
As stated before, you can lift the Husky enough to move the mat exposing the bins. It's a pain but can be done easily enough. I saw no need to pin my bin in place and remove it as needed when I clean the interior or need to haul something large inside.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Du-Ha with the Locking Lid. I need to trim
the Weathertech Liner back a little. It pushes the
Du-Ha up into the rear seat and hinders the reclining
of the rear seat.

Malodave

CJW

Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha and the RAM factory floor mats. Accessing the floor bins sucks, not gonna lie. Especially when the weather is cold and the mats aren't as pliable. However, I had the factory storage option before and switching to the Du-Ha I was able to move a lot of what I had in the floor bins to the Du-Ha. The ram bins keep things that I'll never use (owners manual, tailgate wire cap, and an emergency alcohol heater (quart paint-can with toilet paper).

Attachments

• 20210316_104352.jpg
    20210316_104352.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210316_104411.jpg
    20210316_104411.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210316_104428.jpg
    20210316_104428.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210316_104437.jpg
    20210316_104437.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 115

JbVt

Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha and the RAM factory floor mats. Accessing the floor bins sucks, not gonna lie. Especially when the weather is cold and the mats aren't as pliable. However, I had the factory storage option before and switching to the Du-Ha I was able to move a lot of what I had in the floor bins to the Du-Ha. The ram bins keep things that I'll never use (owners manual, tailgate wire cap, and an emergency alcohol heater (quart paint-can with toilet paper).
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

LouNY

Reaction score
Well after reading the several threads and looking at all the options for underseat storage I wasn't sure what to do.
The owner built ones actually looked like the best way to go.
I have the under floor boxes and the heavy RAM floor mat, any thing that restricted the ease of accessing the boxes wasn't going to work well for me.
I contacted Du-Ha and asked them about using the quad cab ones in a crewcab and they responded that they wouldn't fit.
After looking at all the various options I ended up ordering the quad cab ones even though I have the crew cab, the quad cab ones are 3" less in the front to rear dimension unfortunately the seat mounting differences made the total width not fit. I decided the heck with I've got this one I'll make it fit, I had considered getting the crewcab unit and sectioning about 3" out of it to keep it off the floor mat may have been a neater solution. A few minutes with a sawsall and the quadcab unit will fit a crewcab. May not be the nicest solution but now I have under seat storage that doesn't interfere with lifting the floormat to get into the in floor bins.

Corners don't fit well
du-ha 2.jpg

Also the section were to 40/60 seaat slides go
du-ha 5.jpg

After all the cutting
du-ha 7.jpg

set in
du-ha 11.jpg

Secured and done
du-ha 13.jpg

May not be the nicest but it fits now and doesn't overlap the floormat and will work for now.
I am surprised that of all the manufactures that no one has come up with one that fits nicely and doesn't sit on the rubber floor mat.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the DU-HA Locking Lid Version. It was interfering with the rear seats reclining. So I
got some thick washers and lifted the seats just a bit. The Washers were about 0.200"
thick. I would have liked if they only put one center lock with bars to the latches on the Ends.
I have to go to both sides to unlock it before I can access it.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread