5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under seat storage removal?

Bayou

Reaction score
Hello. I just purchased a 2019 Laramie and it will be delivered in a few days. In the pictures, I notice this under seat storage that I’m not a fan of. I like having a large flat rear floor.

is this removable? If so, how have you all done it? If it can be removed, should I get floor liners as if I had the truck without this option? Thank you. 0C6CF56A-A5E5-4386-9804-6A975A3D4EAF.jpeg

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
Hello. I just purchased a 2019 Laramie and it will be delivered in a few days. In the pictures, I notice this under seat storage that I’m not a fan of. I like having a large flat rear floor.

is this removable? If so, how have you all done it? If it can be removed, should I get floor liners as if I had the truck without this option? Thank you. View attachment 46314

If your taking it out and don’t want it anymore, I’d be interested in taking it off your hands!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score

is this removable? If so, how have you all done it? If it can be removed, should I get floor liners as if I had the truck without this option? Thank you. View attachment 46314
Yes it can be removed.
Lift up that tab in the middle, you will then be able to move the barricade out

GM convert

Reaction score
I have one out of my Limited I would sell.

Attachments

• 72987F1E-0504-4C16-8AA2-EAA456D8AC03.jpeg
    72987F1E-0504-4C16-8AA2-EAA456D8AC03.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 271

Hulk4824

Reaction score
Yes it can be removed.
Lift up that tab in the middle, you will then be able to move the barricade out
I just bought a 21 Rebel. Trying to remove the factory under seat tray. What tab are you talking about?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are 8 Bolts to remove. The cover for the "Latch" just pulls strait out with
two of the bolts located under the cover. Two on each side and two into the floor.
Took Just a few minutes to remove on my 2021 Laramie. Installed a DU-HA with Locking lid.

Malodave

Hulk4824

Reaction score
There are 8 Bolts to remove. The cover for the "Latch" just pulls strait out with
two of the bolts located under the cover. Two on each side and two into the floor.
Took Just a few minutes to remove on my 2021 Laramie. Installed a DU-HA with Locking lid.

Malodave
Got it all removed. Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have one that I'd be willing to sell too. PM me if local to Florida or Georgia. Based on its length, it will be very costly to ship.

Last edited:

Jlw5233

Reaction score
I have for sale. I'm located in FL. Just south of tampa

Attachments

• 20211014_114857.jpg
    20211014_114857.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 94
  • 20211014_114907.jpg
    20211014_114907.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20211014_114918.jpg
    20211014_114918.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 91

blue_by_you

Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread. but I see the 3 bolts on each side that I think need to be removed, but I am not seeing how to get the piece it pivots on released so I can pull it out. anyone have specific pictures or guide?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread. but I see the 3 bolts on each side that I think need to be removed, but I am not seeing how to get the piece it pivots on released so I can pull it out. anyone have specific pictures or guide?
PM me and I'll help you out

parnine

Reaction score
Anyone looking to buy/get one of what is shown as removed above should note that you will also need the brackts, and the rear seat riser covers are different in trucks with the underseat storage option than those with out. So unless the person, giving/selling, you the storage parts includes the brackets, the part is mostly useless as you can not buy the brackets seperately. So the person removing it, when the remove the brackets, will then want to replace the seat riser covers (with the ones that are you your truck), else the metal seat support will be exposed, and you should also have them include the associated riser covers that work with the underseat storage, or swap those parts with them. Just Food for thought from someone who got the underseat storage for 'free' only realize it was kinda useless with out all the parts and the need to change out the rear seat riser covers ......

MaydayMalone

Reaction score

Malodave
Someone should do a video on this

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that in floor storage bin locks I see in the upper left of photo? Just picked up a pair for my truck.
That is a Curt Trailer wiring set. One of my in floor latches broke. They are boat latches.
They are available in locking and non Locking. Cheaper than the Mopar Locking ones too.

Malodave

Reactions: Lew

Fillet1

Reaction score
Does that Du Ha sit On the floor mat? Do you have side view with the seat down?

Users who are viewing this thread