5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Hood Light 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie DT

Dcsnet

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the under hood light Mopar part # 68488399AB on their 2021 Ram 1500DT Laramie? I cannot find any pictures or documents on where it gets routed and mounted.
Thanks
Don

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the under hood light Mopar part # 68488399AB on their 2021 Ram 1500DT Laramie? I cannot find any pictures or documents on where it gets routed and mounted.
Thanks
Don
That's just the harness, you would need the lamp which is part number 68444287AA. Here is a picture of the harness:
Screenshot_20220112-203906.png
These parts are listed for 2021-22 Ram TRX. Not sure if the attachment points are the same on the other hoods like the TRX hood.

Last edited:

Dcsnet

Reaction score
Thanks. I do have the light as well but I just can’t figure where it gets routed mounted and where it plugs in. I checked a few Mopar parts sites with my VIN and it says these parts do fit my vehicle.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Thanks. I do have the light as well but I just can’t figure where it gets routed mounted and where it plugs in. I checked a few Mopar parts sites with my VIN and it says these parts do fit my vehicle.
Did you check with a dealer? The part sites aren't always accurate. These are listed for the TRX and not other Ram 1500s as far as I can tell. That's probably why there isn't a receptacle connection for it. It would be nice if it does connect.

Dcsnet

Reaction score
It was described as the under hood light harness but I am going to try and stop at the dealer today and see what they say. Thanks for the replies.
Don

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dcsnet

Reaction score
yeah thats what they are talking about. the "underhood lighting" is the 3 amber lights in the "performance hood" on the TRX

Ah. I got it. I think you guys are correct because it looks like there is more than one connector not just one on either end.

Rbohno

Reaction score
That looks like the wiring harness for the 3 hood scoop lights on the TRX. There are 4 tiny wires in the harness 3 grounds and one hot. If you can’t find a plug just tie into the drl’s or maybe fuse #11.

Cesar592

Reaction score
could be urged on a limited grill to make it look more oem

Users who are viewing this thread