5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnect 5 for 2022 Ram 1500 Horrible!!

Jakefromstatefarm22

Reaction score
The 12 inch infotainment is just awful. Glitches all the time in many different ways. Sometimes it’s the screen going gray or it will just freeze. I’ve mainly been just using the radio because it’s the only way to listen to music.

U

User_3336

UCONNECT 5 must be different on an 8.4 screen. I find it much better than previous gen.

ramhouston

Reaction score
i had the Uconnect 4 and currently have Uconnect 5.. haven’t had a problem with either or!

n8zcc

Reaction score
It’s very hit or miss. Some people no problems others have nothing but problems.
I've noticed that also. When I first got my 2022, the 12" acted a little off but reading here, I discovered a reset would correct the issues, I reset it, and just like that it has been running flawlessly since.

jgc650i

Reaction score
Mine too for the most part has been flawless since I did the factory reset not long after I got it. The only thing I still have is the random dark screen that others have reported. It's intermittent and not all that often, but basically lose the display entirely for no apparent reason. Rebooting doesn't bring it back, but once you turn the truck off and leave it for a while it does come back on it's own. Makes no sense.

Wire4money

Reaction score
When I bought mine a couple months ago, I had nothing but problems. The dealer reflashed it, and it’s been fine since. Mine is the 8.4.

Av1

Reaction score
I bought my 2022 at the end of April. The traffic and weather didn't work on my 12". It has worked perfectly after completing a soft reset as recommended on one of the threads here.

I just hope mine keeps working well.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine with the 12” screen has worked great except for constantly losing the heated seats/steering wheel icons at the top. I figured out that if I switch the screen theme they reappear but then are always gone again the next day. Completely baffles me why this happens. Even the latest update didn’t correct this.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Had my first issue today - 8.4” screen with partial blank screen - any recommendations?

Attachments

• 3EB3460E-92A5-4158-B55B-C498B0D3E69A.jpeg
    3EB3460E-92A5-4158-B55B-C498B0D3E69A.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 41

Mommanord14

Reaction score
We have had the Ram 1500 2019 model. Problem after problem, mostly radio. One brake issue sounding like a rusty school bus when backing out of the garage. Radio was replaced 4 tines. First three were rebuilt. Then they decided a new one would be better. The first three were determined to have missing software. The fourth was brand new with everything that was needed. We then turned around this year in March bought a 2022 longhorn. Well was good up until June. Radio issues again. No weather no traffic. Was rebooted to factory and given latest updates even though my truck said it was up to date. Then we’ve had emergency brake issues going on without touching it and having to wait to restart truck. Then was parked with the truck off waiting in a line windows rolled down key fob where it always is in my purse and when went to start the truck the security system kicked in and said no key fob found. Took 10 minutes until the dash said start truck with key fob. Did that truck started and turned off. Then I could finally start normally. Light flashing and horn blasting for ten minutes. Ugh. Also radio goes black. Has done it numerous times. No sound and screen black. Then we now have sound but black screen. Then we have a call come in answer it on steering wheel but hang up on screen. Locks up whole screen and no radio sound unless I change from Xm to fm and back to Xm. in my stupid non mechanical brain I believe there is a short possibly by water? I don’t see any water damage anywhere but the security thing happened after a car wash and yesterdays blackout,screen was after the truck was out in the rain. I am so tired of this computer stuff. Seriously they need to fix this stuff. The black out screen basically controls most of your functions. Ram care if your listening, I am very upset with two vehicles with these issues.

U

User_3336

Strange, I have had ZERO issues with my Uconnect 5 with NAV in my '22.

I have the glossy black trim around mine, versus the matte finish. Not sure there's any difference.

Rump2022

Reaction score
The 12 inch infotainment is just awful. Glitches all the time in many different ways. Sometimes it’s the screen going gray or it will just freeze. I’ve mainly been just using the radio because it’s the only way to listen to music.
I agree with you. After I bought the truck the sales person was going to show me how to use the system. We got into the truck and couldn’t get the screen to come up, was black. Truck went into the shop and they did a reset which didn’t work, then had to disconnect the battery and get it to rest that way, service said problem solved. By then it was getting late in the day. My wife and I headed home and got 10 kilometres away and the screen went black again. By this time the dealership was closed. Drove another 25 kilometres and the screen came to life, seemed ok. Next day I had to make a 220 kilometer trip out of town. Got 20 kilometres out and lost the screen, didn’t have radio, phone or control over anything. Had to drive another 60 kilometres before the screen came back on and I could finally turn off the heated seats. Three quarters of the trip I didn’t have phone or radio. Truck went back into dealership service next day. They changed out the battery and updated uconnect software. Also after 1800 kilometres the air suspension keeps deflating after sitting 3 to 4 hours, dealership can’t find a problem with it so I stuck with it. I am having other issues also but will have to learn to live with them I guess. Fed up with running to the dealer 50 kilometres away. Most of the kilometres I been putting on the truck is running to the dealer. I HATE THE TRUCK!!!!!! As soon as I’m not upside down on what I owe on the truck I’m going to Ford.

I have bought a lot of new vehicles and felt excited and good about the experience, this has been a horrible, stressful experience buying this ram.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread