5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umm, heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, past rebels CAME WITH A CLASS 3 RECEIVER, and you could upgrade to a class 4. **** me for not knowing it now meant no hitch.

I knew what I was in for when I posted it, but deep down the trolls know any 1500 truck should come with a hitch receiver. It's okay.

What did they tell you in life about assuming?
Yeah, never assume, especially when it comes to a purchase.

Some would argue that every truck should come with limited slip and 4x4 too. Checking that box clearly was a struggle

PM-Performance

Reaction score
neither does not having a tow hitch
I mean this goes inline with buying a 2wd truck or a truck without a bed. Wtf is the point of having a truck?

A reciever should never be an upgrade on a pickup truck. Nor should 4wd. Let alone on a $70k truck. But we live in an age where people rather look the part than play the part.
Then again I am sure people will think I am crazy for thinking vehicles should not be charged for add ons via an app later after they already paid for it

BowDown

Reaction score
I mean this goes inline with buying a 2wd truck or a truck without a bed. Wtf is the point of having a truck?

A reciever should never be an upgrade on a pickup truck. Nor should 4wd. Let alone on a $70k truck. But we live in an age where people rather look the part than play the part.
Then again I am sure people will think I am crazy for thinking vehicles should not be charged for add ons via an app later after they already paid for it

1st, I before E except after C.
I can do plenty with a truck without a receiver hitch, shoes come with shoe strings because they are pretty much useless without them, a trucks not.
We live in a world where cheese is an option on a hamburger yet some can't grasp a receiver being an option on a truck, regardless of price.
And most truck people do look the part vs doing. Lifted 4x4 2500/3500's at the mall, AT tires howling down (concrete paved) mainstreet or them off in a ditch after it snows.

Someone still has to take the time to program the add on but if you'd have paid for it up front, you wouldn't be paying to add it on after the fact. Nothing in this world is free and anyone expecting things to be included is going to be highly disappointed

Well, the I before E thing is free

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or at least read the screen
Yes. That screen shows you custom building a vehicle. If it has the red check mark, it’s selected. If it has the + sign, it means you need to add it (for $445). If you didn’t check that while ordering your vehicle, then it won’t come with it.

Maybe I am missing your point. 🤷🏼‍♂️

BowDown

Reaction score
Great “gotcha” on the spelling comment! You might want to send that message to Tim Cook’s developers since autocorrect does not work well. That may be an add-on I didn’t pay for %shrug%

Quality zingers though. If I had an inverted penis, I would drive a Jeep though, not a pickup truck.
That being said, I atleast agree with the comments on the jacked up trucks with off road tires and never seen more than paved roads.
I have never seen a truck with an option of a receiver. Neither did OP apparently or his dealer. So what does that say about the common sense aspect of “just check a box dummy”?

Pretty sure it was an option my 2003 as well. I did opt for the trailer towing package, checked a box.

sUsBvq.gif

BowDown

Reaction score
Yes. That screen shows you custom building a vehicle. If it has the red check mark, it’s selected. If it has the + sign, it means you need to add it (for $445). If you didn’t check that while ordering your vehicle, then it won’t come with it.

Maybe I am missing your point. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Point was that it was missed.
As you said, it had a plus that you had to click which you caught, wait for it..........................................right away and thusly making my point.

I work in IT, I see this all day everyday, people don't read and simply assume; it bites them in the donkey everytime

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Point was that it was missed.
As you said, it had a plus that you had to click which you caught, wait for it..........................................right away and thusly making my point.

I work in IT, I see this all day everyday, people don't read and simply assume; it bites them in the donkey everytime
Ohhhh I get it now. Sorry, I’m shot out. 🤣. Which reminds me of Rule 17: Always pay attention to detail. 😂😂

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was an option my 2003 as well. I did opt for the trailer towing package, checked a box.

View attachment 171800
Maybe it’s just base model life? Lol
Glad my dealer did not forget to select the option for my truck to be useful. If they did I would have expressed my opinion of selling a useless toy. Imagine rolling up next to a new Subaru and they have a receiver and your truck didn’t? Hahaha
I appreciate digging back to 2003 for that meme to solidify your point lol. I feel like it’s been a solid 20 yrs since seeing that.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score

View attachment 171800

Historically, a trailer tow package is a class 4 receiver, maybe a transcooler, ps cooler (back in the day) etc. If you didn't opt for it, you got a class 3 and a 4 pin wiring harness.

Not any more!

Last edited by a moderator:

dyeguy1212

Reaction score

The issue I have is we aren't talking about the foam cup holder in the door they've eliminated in most models. Or the fact that they've cheaped out and put incandescent bulbs in the map and dome lights, but kept the LED footwear lighting.

We're talking about a basic class 3 hitch on a well-above-base model truck.

A hitch that is quite literally a 4" long piece of 2" square tubing different from what came on my truck. This bumper reinforcement is 95% of a full hitch receiver. Really, paying over $400 for a hitch would have been a rip off, it's an extra 2 welds and $5 in steel vs what's on there now.

20231128_160724.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Historically, a trailer tow package is a class 4 receiver, maybe a transcooler, ps cooler (back in the day) etc. If you didn't opt for it, you got a class 3 and a 4 pin wiring harness.

Not any more!

We know where you stand. You can go do truck stuff with your 2wd pavement princess, and claim a trailer hitch is a novelty. Let the big boys talk.
Thank you! Exactly my point. The upgrades were a bigger receiver and coolers.

Buying a truck without 4wd and a receiver is like buying a non Quattro Audi. What’s the point? But then again there are guys that buy 2500’s and throw hot boi 26” wheels and low profile off road tires with 2’ lifts and under glows and never use it for truck things.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feisty little thread.

Also…. Ken doll truck…

That said I think the OPs point is just that this is another money grab in a world already beating us over the head with money grabs.

Indeed most of the cost of the “hitch” is already on the vehicle.

And I highly doubt the price was lowered any to account for this newly optional chunk of metal.

I’m firmly in the camp of a “hitch” being standard on a truck of any kind. At least a dinky one like those Class 2 1.5” receivers.

spyder

Reaction score
I’m firmly in the camp of a “hitch” being standard on a truck of any kind. At least a dinky one like those Class 2 1.5” receivers.
I'd rather have nothing than have something I have to cut off and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread