5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uhm rear wheel house liner… think they forgot something

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Never understood this. My old '07 1500 had these standard.
They really like nickel & diming our vehicles anymore, don't they?
Weathertechs will be here in two days 😂

Attachments

• 185608D9-CE09-4C79-863F-E1A8E117B0A0.jpeg
    185608D9-CE09-4C79-863F-E1A8E117B0A0.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 66

Awood05

Reaction score
I don’t see how it’s not a standard option it should be on even the lowest basic trim! Greedy a** folks man I suppose that’s the way of the world nowadays thou… you should see the crummy floor mats it came with… I’m sorry but typically most folks that drive trucks are in somewhat dirtier lines of work lol so these carpet mats are illogical in my opinion… sawdust isn’t easy to get off those 😂
Neither is gravel road mud LOL Thankfully mine came with rubber all-weather mats. 😁 D48501D4-4260-4B9F-BCF9-20AB501E7353.jpeg

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Neither is gravel road mud LOL Thankfully mine came with rubber all-weather mats. 😁 View attachment 101770
You can hose mud off lol I didn’t add those since I already planned to get weathertech but the rubber ones should be standard on a truck!
🤤 nice tires… sorry I’m suffering from a serious case of tire envy until my lift gets in

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Simply put belt on, turn key on (don’t start engine), wait till everything boots up in the cluster then Unbuckle and buckle three times while finishing with it buckled. Turn ignition off and you should hear a chime. No more belt alert.
But the Center EVIC screen will still show a warning every time you start to move from a stop.
I purchased these from Amazon to stop that and still be able to use the Seatbelt when needed.
The Disable Clips that come with them I keep when in someone else's car. Here in NH a seltbelt
is not required for anyone over 18. The same goes for Motorcycle Helmets. We take the State
Moto seriously "LIVE FREE or DIE!"

Disable Clips

Malodave

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree fully. Should be standard equipment. Been a pet peeve of mine when I realized that only upper trim vehicles have this (mine did), but still, pretty infuriating that they cheaped out on liners.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People drive and don't wear seatbelts? Seriously?
I always do, but sometimes when driving to the little store by us, I might not. Residential neighborhood so the speed limit is 20 mph and it is like 1/2 mile. Also, some of my passengers tend to unbuckle as we pull into the house or parking spaces. And there are others who work on jobsites that don't want to buckle up to move a few 100 feet.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Weathertechs will be here in two days 😂
Hope the WT floor liners work out for you. I've bought these for several cars and trucks over the years, and was happy with most of them. But the last couple sets I've had for my trucks would curl up at the door threshold, and my feet would sometimes hang up on them. I'm also not fond of how they feel when I'm sitting in the truck. My current truck has the Mopar all-weather rubber mats that come with the ORG and they are fantastic. Complete coverage and soft rubber feel. Doesn't feel like you're resting your feet on cardboard. Bought them from Amazon for less than $120 plus shipping.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hope the WT floor liners work out for you. I've bought these for several cars and trucks over the years, and was happy with most of them. But the last couple sets I've had for my trucks would curl up at the door threshold, and my feet would sometimes hang up on them. I'm also not fond of how they feel when I'm sitting in the truck. My current truck has the Mopar all-weather rubber mats that come with the ORG and they are fantastic. Complete coverage and soft rubber feel. Doesn't feel like you're resting your feet on cardboard. Bought them from Amazon for less than $120 plus shipping.
Completely agree with this. My buddy has the WT's and they are doing the same. The material feels like hard plastic and they are very slippery, especially when they are wet.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Really mine were like 6 years old they fit in the past two trucks so just swapped them over never had an issue I hope they didn’t change them 😬 if you haven’t caught on I have a slight ocd issue when it comes to floor mats 😂😂

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Agree fully. Should be standard equipment. Been a pet peeve of mine when I realized that only upper trim vehicles have this (mine did), but still, pretty infuriating that they cheaped out on liners.
I added the option but was a bit annoyed that it wasn’t standard, even more annoyed finding out they were removed or never put in despite paying extra for what should be included in my 60k+ truck haha

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Really mine were like 6 years old they fit in the past two trucks so just swapped them over never had an issue I hope they didn’t change them 😬 if you haven’t caught on I have a slight ocd issue when it comes to floor mats 😂😂
It seemed to me like they might have changed something. I had been using them for years with no issues, but the last two sets I owned did the same curling I talked about. I have them in my Audi and they work great in that car. No idea what, if anything was changed though. I hope yours work out well for you. (y)

blankcanvas

Reaction score
It seemed to me like they might have changed something. I had been using them for years with no issues, but the last two sets I owned did the same curling I talked about. I have them in my Audi and they work great in that car. No idea what, if anything was changed though. I hope yours work out well for you. (y)
I ordered the mopar ones too and just the weather tech in the front so if anything I’ll just return the wt’s
We need to change your name on here to bearer of bad news or bringer of the rain on my parade Teehee

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered the mopar ones too and just the weather tech in the front so if anything I’ll just return the wt’s
We need to change your name on here to bearer of bad news or bringer of the rain on my parade Teehee
Haha...Dark Cloud maybe? :ROFLMAO:

Lots of people are happy with the WT's. Hopefully you will be too.

Users who are viewing this thread