5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect VR not hearing/responding to commands

DingRon

Reaction score
Hello fam - I have a 2020 Rebel with HK system and 12” screen. I have 1000km’s on it now and love it! Although my VR button is working and a voice asks me for my command it does not appear to be hearing me. I ask to change a radio station or anything and it tells me “I don’t understand” after 3 attempts it automatically cancels. It’s as if the uconnect system can not hear my voice and I get no response. Anyone else with this issue. I am able to talk on the phone hands free via uconnect...anyone have the same issue or heard of this? Thanks so much!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello fam - I have a 2020 Rebel with HK system and 12” screen. I have 1000km’s on it now and love it! Although my VR button is working and a voice asks me for my command it does not appear to be hearing me. I ask to change a radio station or anything and it tells me “I don’t understand” after 3 attempts it automatically cancels. It’s as if the uconnect system can not hear my voice and I get no response. Anyone else with this issue. I am able to talk on the phone hands free via uconnect...anyone have the same issue or heard of this? Thanks so much!

Hello DingRon,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent infotainment concern. Unfortunately our team is unable to assist customers outside of the United States. You can, however, reach out to our Canadian Customer care team for potential assistance regarding this manner 1-800-361-3700 .
Laura
RamCares

DingRon

Reaction score
After being at the dealership on three separate times… And not getting anything fixed… I got home from work this afternoon and my radio had an automatic update sent to it. The update lasted about 30 minutes and when it was done everything was working perfectly… Had no idea this was coming but I’m just so glad I don’t have to go back to that dealership! Haven’t had a chance to see what else if anyThing is involved with this update… But I’ll figure it all out tomorrow! Turned out to be a good day after all! Cheers!

BugGuy

Reaction score
Was it a consistent problem, or an intermittent one? I have a similar issue, although it's intermittent. Sometimes it works flawless. Others, it cant hear/understand me at all.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After being at the dealership on three separate times… And not getting anything fixed… I got home from work this afternoon and my radio had an automatic update sent to it. The update lasted about 30 minutes and when it was done everything was working perfectly… Had no idea this was coming but I’m just so glad I don’t have to go back to that dealership! Haven’t had a chance to see what else if anyThing is involved with this update… But I’ll figure it all out tomorrow! Turned out to be a good day after all! Cheers!

So glad to hear that everything seems to be working correctly, DingRon!

Was it a consistent problem, or an intermittent one? I have a similar issue, although it's intermittent. Sometimes it works flawless. Others, it cant hear/understand me at all.

Hey BugGuy, sorry to hear you are experiencing something similar. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM if you would like to discuss it further so we can determine how to best assist you at this point!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread