5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect update

Normond

Reaction score
I ordered the Uconnect update and navigation system update for my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 8.4 inch screen. After the update my speedometer font changed to a racing style, smaller than it was before ., speedometer.after.uconnect.update.jpg I have been trying to google how to change the font but no luck. Anyone know how to change it..? Thanks

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Font is part of the theme. Go to settings>>display>>themes and change the theme.

Normond

Reaction score
looks like the Limited font
Thanks... there's a way I changed it to this once from the original font but that was almost 3 years ago and I don't remember how I did it... at that time I didn't care for it so I changed it back. It was called something like a racing or modern font.

Normond

Reaction score
Just a FYI for anyone that experiences it, I found that after I tried a few of the other themes I found the original font.. I think two of the themes have the one like my photo... case solved

ram813ltd

Reaction score
update comes on usb drive. one for system one for nav. i already had the latest system but you have to let it do its thing to find out and system update has to be installed before the nav update
the nav update is of course till outdated and actually screws up a few nav items that were correct before the update. way to go HERE but i actually expected that.
as for fonts/colors themes there's about 5-6. i like the red rather than the limited blue. red shows up better in the 12" display and the center gauge font looks better other than the limited standard

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just received the update and map..... I should have enough time this weekend to remove the fat and makes this installable for anyone w/o needing to match VINs etc...

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
VIN check on website told me I was up the date idk
Did you enter your VIN or Application Version? If just your VIN, try the link I posted, click on the Map Updates under the General tab and follow the prompts.

Entering my VIN in the Software Update page shows my VIN is up to date too, but the Map Update shows that there is an update for my Application Version.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you enter your VIN or Application Version? If just your VIN, try the link I posted, click on the Map Updates under the General tab and follow the prompts.

Entering my VIN in the Software Update page shows my VIN is up to date too, but the Map Update shows that there is an update for my Application Version.
Such a wonderful system! Who is in charge? Fire him/her/other/them.

Users who are viewing this thread