5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Status

wirles

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of threads where folks say the Uconnect app is giving them a status of their vehicle (I.E. fuel level, tire pressure, mileage...etc). I am wondering if I have the wrong app or am I missing something. I have the Uconnect APP from the google play store by FCA US LLC. The only options I have are the standard lock, unlock, remote start, cancel remote start, location and send & go. Is the status something that isn't available for the RAM and maybe only available on other FCA vehicles?

Rich

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of threads where folks say the Uconnect app is giving them a status of their vehicle (I.E. fuel level, tire pressure, mileage...etc). I am wondering if I have the wrong app or am I missing something. I have the Uconnect APP from the google play store by FCA US LLC. The only options I have are the standard lock, unlock, remote start, cancel remote start, location and send & go. Is the status something that isn't available for the RAM and maybe only available on other FCA vehicles?

Touch the icon on the lower left that looks like a steering wheel. You'll see the extra page of info.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have the 12" screen, you can not get the info from the truck...only works with the 8.4" screen...stupid..I know but that's the way it is:mad:

@Rich ...we don't have the "button" on our U-Connect app screen

wirles

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. I now know I am not going crazy. It is weird it is available for one radio and not the other.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@wirles ...I spent over an hour on the phone with U-Connect and then SiriusXM Guardian and one kept pointing fingers at the other telling me it should work. Then I found out that the 12" unit does not support the extra data which pissed me off. Calling SiriusXM or FCA is a BIG waste of time as they know NOTHING about our vehicles.

Rich

Reaction score
If you have the 12" screen, you can not get the info from the truck...only works with the 8.4" screen...stupid..I know but that's the way it is:mad:

@Rich ...we don't have the "button" on our U-Connect app screen

I didn't know that! It's nice to know that I get extra features with my less expensive radio option. It's a bit crazy, I wonder why they don't support this on the 12 inch versions?

slimchance

Reaction score
my trk is level 1 and i have the 8.4 non Nav ... so, my trk does not email reports to me, less junk mail, BUT my wife;s trk is level 2 and has the 8.4 Nav ... so, wife's trk emails me reports and i can view them in the Mopar.com app and the Uconnect app ... i think it is the "level" that makes a difference but not sure

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You will get vehicle health reports with the 12" unit, so I was told, you just can't get the vehicle info on the app. When I hit 30-days we'll see if I get the email;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You will get vehicle health reports with the 12" unit, so I was told, you just can't get the vehicle info on the app. When I hit 30-days we'll see if I get the email;)
I’ve yet to receive a health report (took delivery in September). A couple of months back, an FCA rep actually called me to say that “they’re working on it”.

slimchance

Reaction score
I’ve yet to receive a health report (took delivery in September). A couple of months back, an FCA rep actually called me to say that “they’re working on it”.
your signature does NOT say if you have 12", 8.4 Nav or 8.4 non nav ... IF you have 8.4 non nav with your level 1 don't think you will get health report ... and don't depend on the FCA rep knowing anything about your trk

Barqs

Reaction score
I will never understand why these apps are all different from vehicle to vehicle, and I cannot believe the 12" trucks have the basic control while some 8.4" trucks have the full features. If Uconnect wants customers to continue to use it and pay the $149/year for this service, they better figure it out quick.

I have the same issue with my daughters' Cherokees. I use the same app to monitor both of their vehicles, and one (2017) gives me all the data while the other (2015) only provides the basics. They both have the same 8.4" w/Nav systems. I pay the same for both vehicles now, so it's not a situation where I pay the premium on one and the basic on the other. What I cannot remember is whether the 2015 ever provided the full data. I didn't use the app much for it since it was new, but use it frequently now.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
your signature does NOT say if you have 12", 8.4 Nav or 8.4 non nav ... IF you have 8.4 non nav with your level 1 don't think you will get health report ... and don't depend on the FCA rep knowing anything about your trk
I have every option. Level 1 on a Longhorn includes the 12”, H/K, etc.

I was impressed that they called me, a day after I asked a few questions via chat. Why call me at all if they didn’t have anything to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/