5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect/sirius guardian - does it actually work?

ddharris

Reaction score
Just set up guardian. Downloaded unconnect app. Truck starts and I can see stats /data if the truck had been recently started.
If it's been off over night or some time it just times out from the app. Nothing happens.
At least it stops me from getting hacked and truck stolen most times of the day.

ddharris

Reaction score
This function is certainly not worth worrying with for me anyway.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Could of used this on the weekend. I managed to lock myself out of my truck at the golf course. Threw my bag with the keys in the bed and shut it, oops keys were in the bag! go to open the tailgate and nothing, locked tight. Try the door and nope locked tight. The keys were positioned in the middle of the bed so maybe they were just out of sensor range. Anyways tried the app out of desperation and of course no go. Wife had to drive me back with spare key. Grrrr!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could of used this on the weekend. I managed to lock myself out of my truck at the golf course. Threw my bag with the keys in the bed and shut it, oops keys were in the bag! go to open the tailgate and nothing, locked tight. Try the door and nope locked tight. The keys were positioned in the middle of the bed so maybe they were just out of sensor range. Anyways tried the app out of desperation and of course no go. Wife had to drive me back with spare key. Grrrr!
It is handy in that regard.

ddharris

Reaction score
It seems to " go to sleep" after sometime away making the app useless.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems to " go to sleep" after sometime away making the app useless.
Just had my app issue fixed with a radio swap. Nightmare afterwards with other issues popping up but all resolved themselves. The app is a nice feature now that I can actually use it after 7 months without the ability.

Pruhnke

Reaction score
Did the exact same thing yesterday. Was not having the best round so quit after 9 holes. Threw the bag in back with the keys by mistake and slammed the tailgate closed. Luckily I was able to grab the pull cord for my Lomax cover and get it to release. No more putting that fob in the bag in the future.

RSK

Reaction score
Mine works fine with the App and kinda cool technology. Great cranking the Ram from my desk using the App before I leave work. However, after the free one year trial is done I will not be paying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread