5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Screen Ghosting Images

jsil2000

Reaction score
Did they fix the ghosting? Mine does it with both head unit and cluster. I bought it used that way though. Thought it was because of cold at first but now see it does it even when completely warmed up. The previous owner was a heavy smoker. Had to have the truck ion ozone treated to rid the odor. Wondering if anyone else with issue smoke in truck and that could cause. I know it’s a reach. Just can’t see why it is doing it. Especially since people here are reporting software updates don’t fix it. Any help appreciated.

bpwj76

Reaction score
Did they fix the ghosting? Mine does it with both head unit and cluster. I bought it used that way though. Thought it was because of cold at first but now see it does it even when completely warmed up. The previous owner was a heavy smoker. Had to have the truck ion ozone treated to rid the odor. Wondering if anyone else with issue smoke in truck and that could cause. I know it’s a reach. Just can’t see why it is doing it. Especially since people here are reporting software updates don’t fix it. Any help appreciated.
Not yet, my dealer ordered a new screen and they haven't notified me that it's in yet. I'm not very optimistic that a new screen will fix the issue though.

I bought my truck CPO and the previous owner was not a smoker and neither am I.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not yet, my dealer ordered a new screen and they haven't notified me that it's in yet. I'm not very optimistic that a new screen will fix the issue though.

FWIW, if it's an issue in the connector/cabling attached to the screen then this should tell them that. I would guess it's more likely to be a faulty cable than the screen itself but I have seen screens take a dump before.

Venide2

Reaction score

Any updates on this? I’m experiencing the same on my 19 Sport. Thanks.

ScottyRZ

Reaction score
Same issue here and this thread went silent. Was a solution ever found?

irishwake63

Reaction score
U connect is just a piece of garbage nothing but problems on my truck some days it works flawlessly others no touch response others the screen wont come on at all or it just starts flashing. Dealers wont help, Ramcares gets an email responds with needing more info and then never gets back to you. I should have just kept my 2.7 F 150 but No I wanted that V8 rumble....

ScottyRZ

Reaction score
Someone anyone ever get a resolution on this. Been working this with dealer and RAM care but no one has a good solution yet other than replacing head unit.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Someone anyone ever get a resolution on this. Been working this with dealer and RAM care but no one has a good solution yet other than replacing head unit.
It's burn in. Using low quality panels allow this to happen faster then others.
It's nothing new, these problems have been around nearly forever. Having it in a car where the sun hits it makes the problem ever worse. Make sure to get a screen protector that blocks uv light next time to prolong it's life.
That's why Screensaver on computers have moving not still images (or just go black).
If you have burn in, then you need a new screen.

ScottyRZ

Reaction score
It's burn in. Using low quality panels allow this to happen faster then others.
It's nothing new, these problems have been around nearly forever. Having it in a car where the sun hits it makes the problem ever worse. Make sure to get a screen protector that blocks uv light next time to prolong it's life.
That's why Screensaver on computers have moving not still images (or just go black).
If you have burn in, then you need a new screen.
Unfortunately not burn in. The ghosting images fade away and will change dependent on what you were just on. Burn in is static. Plus this is happening both on head unit screen and instrument cluster screen. Something from a processing standpoint is going on. I was hoping the original poster had found the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread