5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine actually just worked for the first time in 6 months. I am beside myself. I am never going to use it again just so I can say it works!!! Definitely not renewing SiriusXM on principle so it doesn't matter much since my trial is almost over.
That’s why I’m certain it’s a Sirius issue and not hardware because it just starts working out of nowhere.

SSR

Reaction score
I started this thread in November 2018 when I first bought my 2019 RAM. It never worked all during winter (when I really needed it).
Now that it's summer I have tried it on a few 90F+ degree days and, after sitting for 8 hours while I'm at work, it remote started successfully!
I haven't tried it for several months, and I haven't had my truck back to the dealer yet. So it does seem like at some point it got fixed.

How did you guys go about getting your trial extended? I feel like they owe me a few extra months because this didn't work for 4-6 months after I bought the truck.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started this thread in November 2018 when I first bought my 2019 RAM. It never worked all during winter (when I really needed it).
Now that it's summer I have tried it on a few 90F+ degree days and, after sitting for 8 hours while I'm at work, it remote started successfully!
I haven't tried it for several months, and I haven't had my truck back to the dealer yet. So it does seem like at some point it got fixed.

How did you guys go about getting your trial extended? I feel like they owe me a few extra months because this didn't work for 4-6 months after I bought the truck.
Contact Uconnect and explain the circumstances. Hopefully, you contacted them in the past so it's documented that you've had issues over several months.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I was at the dealer the other day getting my recall's taken care of, and I mentioned once again the problems with the remote starting not working. The were not able to do anything yet but the paperwork showed that a star case was opened for this problem and they are supposedly working on a software fix. We will see. I been without this service since Oct. 2018.

ralph1027

Reaction score
Hi all, new here to after googling for a “fix” for the lack of response via Uconnect app. I have 2018 3500 w/ 8.4” screen.

Past couple of days I tried to first send a “lock door” request - followed by a “remote start”. So far, for 2 days in a row that worked after the truck sat for over 8+ hours (I waited a couple of minutes b/t the lock request followed by RS)

Doubt it is a workaround, but sharing something that worked for me (as of this week )

RAM_Blue

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. The lock command is the first thing I send and it doesn't work. If I unlock or lock my doors with the fob and then try Uconnect it works. It's like the truck is in a deep sleep and not listening.

moabbikr

Reaction score
Its surprising to me that nobody has found a resolution to this? I picked up my 2019 Rebel at the end of Dec with the 12" display and the remote commands only work like others have stated within an hour of shutting the truck off. I finally called them today, (in preparation of the incoming cold weather) and received some ridiculous suggestions.

Before calling I tried the clearing of personal data and re-activating, this did not work, in fact it created an additional issue where the assist app in the truck continues to tell me to activate even when XM tells me its activated. When I call they asked why I had done that so I explained that the remote commands do not work thru the app or web browser, the agent proceeded to validate my info and remotely send commands that of course worked because it had been within an hour. I explained once again that the issue is after an hour has passed and the agency informed me that it could be that I have a phone paired to the radio and that the radio can only handle one signal at a time? I argued that was ridiculous but decided to give it a try to at least show the record on my account. Two hours later I try and to nobody's surprise it didn't work.. Shocker!

I called back and spoke to another agent who after explaining everything again proceeded to tell me that in order for it to work I have to remotely lock the truck with the app, again I expressed how ridiculous that was but once again decided to give it a try, and again to nobody's surprise it didn't work.. Shocker!

I called back again and the agent wanted me to select the "Road Side Assistance" app, I explained I don't have that as an option, guy was shocked? I explained that I have a button that says "Assist", he continued that it should say road side assistance, he placed me on hold and asked someone for help. He came back and had me hit the assist button in the upper console, so I did and of course all that did was try to run the Assist app that errors out and tells me that I'm no activated (which was one of my original issues I called about).

Anyway after all of that the guy tells me to go to the dealer..

I'm in customer service and have been on several project teams developing apps for the service industry so I know the suggestions were crap but I wanted them to reflect on my account knowing this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal based on the comments Ive read online regarding this very same issue.

Tomorrow I will make an appointment with the dealer and we'll see what happens, at the end of the day it's not a service I would like renew anyway but fact that it's not working is an issue for me. I will fight this one till the end and I will make sure to keep everyone posted on the outcome. If anyone has already fought this battle with any success please share....

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its surprising to me that nobody has found a resolution to this? I picked up my 2019 Rebel at the end of Dec with the 12" display and the remote commands only work like others have stated within an hour of shutting the truck off. I finally called them today, (in preparation of the incoming cold weather) and received some ridiculous suggestions.

Before calling I tried the clearing of personal data and re-activating, this did not work, in fact it created an additional issue where the assist app in the truck continues to tell me to activate even when XM tells me its activated. When I call they asked why I had done that so I explained that the remote commands do not work thru the app or web browser, the agent proceeded to validate my info and remotely send commands that of course worked because it had been within an hour. I explained once again that the issue is after an hour has passed and the agency informed me that it could be that I have a phone paired to the radio and that the radio can only handle one signal at a time? I argued that was ridiculous but decided to give it a try to at least show the record on my account. Two hours later I try and to nobody's surprise it didn't work.. Shocker!

I called back and spoke to another agent who after explaining everything again proceeded to tell me that in order for it to work I have to remotely lock the truck with the app, again I expressed how ridiculous that was but once again decided to give it a try, and again to nobody's surprise it didn't work.. Shocker!

I called back again and the agent wanted me to select the "Road Side Assistance" app, I explained I don't have that as an option, guy was shocked? I explained that I have a button that says "Assist", he continued that it should say road side assistance, he placed me on hold and asked someone for help. He came back and had me hit the assist button in the upper console, so I did and of course all that did was try to run the Assist app that errors out and tells me that I'm no activated (which was one of my original issues I called about).

I'm in customer service and have been on several project teams developing apps for the service industry so I know the suggestions were crap but I wanted them to reflect on my account knowing this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal based on the comments Ive read online regarding this very same issue.

Tomorrow I will make an appointment with the dealer and we'll see what happens, at the end of the day it's not a service I would like renew anyway but fact that it's not working is an issue for me. I will fight this one till the end and I will make sure to keep everyone posted on the outcome. If anyone has already fought this battle with any success please share....
I had the same issue when I got my truck last September. For the first week or two the commands worked fine then they didn’t work after the truck was shut down for a while. I dealt with Sirius multiple times and went through their BS gyrations just to document what was done on my end. The dealer had no clue what to do. Finally, in May, FCA decided to replace the radio. This created a number of issues to include causing features that worked not to work. The commands worked for a few days then bingo nothing again. I called Sirius and spent hours on the phone with them for two days straight. Magically, everything started working again and all has been good since. I always maintained that the issue was a Sirius issue and not hardware and this proved it. I have no idea what they did but I firmly believe Sirius sent an update or something. I totally understand how frustrating it is and hope you get it resolved. Don’t give up as it’s a service you are entitled to so you should at least be able to enjoy the free trial. Keep bugging Sirius and the dealer to figure it out.

moabbikr

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I got my truck last September. For the first week or two the commands worked fine then they didn’t work after the truck was shut down for a while. I dealt with Sirius multiple times and went through their BS gyrations just to document what was done on my end. The dealer had no clue what to do. Finally, in May, FCA decided to replace the radio. This created a number of issues to include causing features that worked not to work. The commands worked for a few days then bingo nothing again. I called Sirius and spent hours on the phone with them for two days straight. Magically, everything started working again and all has been good since. I always maintained that the issue was a Sirius issue and not hardware and this proved it. I have no idea what they did but I firmly believe Sirius sent an update or something. I totally understand how frustrating it is and hope you get it resolved. Don’t give up as it’s a service you are entitled to so you should at least be able to enjoy the free trial. Keep bugging Sirius and the dealer to figure it out.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.. I will keep fighting this and will post as I go along. My schedule sucks right now so it may be a week or so before I can get it to the dealer but it will get done..

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the info.. I will keep fighting this and will post as I go along. My schedule sucks right now so it may be a week or so before I can get it to the dealer but it will get done..
Keep us posted and be persistent. I wish you the best of luck.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I have given up. I received an email stating my trial has expired and I should renew my account. I laughed out loud at work and had people looking at me like i was crazy. Not only will I never pay for Sirius I will avoid cars and trucks that use it. Next time I lease I will be looking at Ford or GM.

broooon

Reaction score

Exact same issue here. I'm booked in to the dealer at the end of next week. This stuff not working is just an inconvenience, but at the end of the day the truck is brand new and I shouldn't be having these issues...

technowerks

Reaction score
Hey @Laramiepete Did yours happen to start working recently. mine has worked 6 out the last 7 times I've tried. i wonder if it is a temperature thing, as it is warming up now?

TT
Having the exact same problem, really can't tell if it's time or temperature related. Is it still wworth while clearing the "Personal Data". OBTW this is in a 2020 Limited.

technowerks

Reaction score
For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

View attachment 9458

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.

TT
Same problem on a 2020 Limited. Is this still a valid fix?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having the exact same problem, really can't tell if it's time or temperature related. Is it still wworth while clearing the "Personal Data". OBTW this is in a 2020 Limited.
Clearing the personal data thing never worked when mine was problematic. I probably did it 4/5 times with zero results.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
The only fix for me when I had the free trial was to disconnect the battery for about a half hour. After that it was usually good for about a month or so.

hellmans

Reaction score
tsb just released 2 days ago for rfh (radio frequency hub) update...relating to uconnect app

scubasca

Reaction score
tsb just released 2 days ago for rfh (radio frequency hub) update...relating to uconnect app
where are you seeing this TSB? Just bought a 2020 1500 with the 12" system and I am experiencing the same problems. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread