5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

LamboMitch

Reaction score
i have had the same problem with my truck. works great but if i let it sit for a few hours it wouldn't work anymore. i just did the update for the truck. it was the rrt 19-094 and for the last week it has worked flawless. so def if you haven't done that particular one yet then it needs to get done!

TrackDay

Reaction score
I don’t believe swapping the RF Hub would resolve the problem or update the software. I could be wrong but I had the issue the first 9 months I owned the truck. They finally swapped my radio and it worked for a day or two then stopped again. I spent several days and hours on the phone with Uconnect and Sirius and low and behold it magically started working again. Been flawless ever since. They must have pushed something to my radio. I truly believe it’s in the Sirius end.
I have seen your posts on this subject and a year ago we interacted quite a bit. My experience has been quite different. I was told a year ago that Dodge/Uconnect was aware of the issue and a software update would be pushed out as soon as there was a fix. I waited and waited. When I heard about this RRT I thought maybe this was my solution. No go. The new RF Hub came with the latest software already installed. Performance is no better. After about 3 hours the truck is dead to any remote app control.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen your posts on this subject and a year ago we interacted quite a bit. My experience has been quite different. I was told a year ago that Dodge/Uconnect was aware of the issue and a software update would be pushed out as soon as there was a fix. I waited and waited. When I heard about this RRT I thought maybe this was my solution. No go. The new RF Hub came with the latest software already installed. Performance is no better. After about 3 hours the truck is dead to any remote app control.
Really sad that you and so many others are going through this. I am hoping for all of you that haven’t been able to use the feature that someone at FCA gets their head out of their butt and figures this out. I guess I was lucky mine was somehow resolved at the 9 month point.

grblaine

Reaction score
Well, just spent 2 hours reading this thread. Was hoping for an exciting ending but no. My second new Ram 2500 Laramie. Same problem as everyone else. Uconnect App and Mopar.com dashboard doesn't work after about 30-60 minutes. Entered my VIN in the link posted before and it says no updates for my system. I'm current. Sirius says replace radio. I know better. Cleared personal data etc. Time for a dealer visit which I'm hesitant to do. Will discuss first before I do and make sure they're aware. The kicker here, I just received my custom built 2020 Ram 2500 straight off the assembly line 2 weeks ago. I was a RAM guy till death but not sure that makes sense any longer. I am a software manager at a big company and if we put out product like this, we'd be out of business. From what I see by reading all is, get RRT 19-094 done at the dealer and I have a chance. Is that current thought?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Well, just spent 2 hours reading this thread. Was hoping for an exciting ending but no. My second new Ram 2500 Laramie. Same problem as everyone else. Uconnect App and Mopar.com dashboard doesn't work after about 30-60 minutes. Entered my VIN in the link posted before and it says no updates for my system. I'm current. Sirius says replace radio. I know better. Cleared personal data etc. Time for a dealer visit which I'm hesitant to do. Will discuss first before I do and make sure they're aware. The kicker here, I just received my custom built 2020 Ram 2500 straight off the assembly line 2 weeks ago. I was a RAM guy till death but not sure that makes sense any longer. I am a software manager at a big company and if we put out product like this, we'd be out of business. From what I see by reading all is, get RRT 19-094 done at the dealer and I have a chance. Is that current thought?
I had issues with mine, called the Sirius people and was told there was an program that needed to be updated and that I had to bring it to the dealer to have it done. It has been working right ever since. Make a trip to the dealership and have it done.

grblaine

Reaction score
I had issues with mine, called the Sirius people and was told there was an program that needed to be updated and that I had to bring it to the dealer to have it done. It has been working right ever since. Make a trip to the dealership and have it done.
Will do. Thank you. Wish I could update myself using a USB stick and the needed update.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was built March 9th and still has this issue. Unbelievable.

muengineer

Reaction score
I just joined the forum to read this in its entirely.

I'm not a Ram Owner, but I own several other FCA vehicles with SXMG and I've had issues with all of them in one way or another. I feel everyone's pain.

Anyway, my 2020 Jeep Cherokee was having these same issues, after an hour, no remote commands from the app or mopar.com.

I reached out to SXMG customer care for other issues and they were, as always 1000% useless.

I escalated the issues to jeep cares. They got me a case started with Uconnect care.

After less than a week, my customer care advocate at Uconnect found a TSB 08-035-20 for my vehicle that was a RF hub update. The RF hub software update said stability of power cycles on RF HUB. Since having the update, my Jeep now accepts commands overnight, 2 days later, etc.

If you are still having this issue, there should be a software update for the RF HUB that takes its software to .AC revision from .AB

If has to be done at the dealer and it takes about 10 minutes.

MaceAU2001

Reaction score
Did RRT 19-094 resolve the problem? Thanks

Richard Goodman

Reaction score
i have had the same problem with my truck. works great but if i let it sit for a few hours it wouldn't work anymore. i just did the update for the truck. it was the rrt 19-094 and for the last week it has worked flawless. so def if you haven't done that particular one yet then it needs to get done!

Richard Goodman

Reaction score
Problem solved for me. I live in Ft Washington, MD. I bought my 2020Cherokee in mid March and had the same problem mentioned above. I took it to the dealer and was told that a software update would be available soon and a campaign was established. A week ago, I signed into remote start and there was a notification that a recall was available for my campaign. I took my car to the dealer and
about three hours later, my car was ready. They indicated that they CHECKED RFH SOFTWARE, AND REPROGRAMMED RFH SOFTWARE. All remote start functions have been working for the last week.

grblaine

Reaction score
Did RRT 19-094 resolve the problem? Thanks
Yes, after reaching several fronts like leaving a review on UConnect app in Google Play. Same story, "Delete your personal data" and process as we say for 1 - 2 hours. Never worked. Next, UConnect says, contact dealer for radio replacement. I know it's not the radio and didn't want my new 70k truck ripped into. Even dealers couldn't respond to the information I found. After 1 week of putting a complaint onto app in Google Play store, the problem resolved with no apparent OTA software update. Can't tell you how it was fixed but app and online controls now work 100% of the time instead of 1-10% of the time within one hour of key off. Frustrating to say the least. Big decision now, do I dare pay them monthly money when even the satellite SiriusXM radio cuts out much of the time in open spaces. May be normal, not sure.

Rocky

Reaction score
After dealing with the problem for a year and letting the free term expire, my radio was updated the other day. Anyone have a method to test to see if this fixed UConnect without me having to get a subscription? I'd rather not have to pay to try and then deal with trying to cancel again. Thanks :)

Philth

Reaction score
Took about an hour to read this entire thread. My 2018 Grand Cherokee does the same thing; doesn’t respond to telematic commands after about 30 mins.
The radio has been replaced. Still doesn’t work. Currently a STAR case is open and has been assigned. No remedy anytime soon.

This is disappointing that FCA has this many problems for this long, and hasn’t addressed it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took about an hour to read this entire thread. My 2018 Grand Cherokee does the same thing; doesn’t respond to telematic commands after about 30 mins.
The radio has been replaced. Still doesn’t work. Currently a STAR case is open and has been assigned. No remedy anytime soon.

This is disappointing that FCA has this many problems for this long, and hasn’t addressed it.
If you look back through the thread I’m sure my posts will be there detailing my chain of events with this issue. I am 100% convinced it has nothing to do with the hardware as I went through a radio swap and still had the issue. I spent hours on the phone with Sirius and Uconnect after the radio swap and it magically began working. No additional new parts. It’s absolutely something on their end in my opinion.

Jnuke

Reaction score
After dealing with the problem for a year and letting the free term expire, my radio was updated the other day. Anyone have a method to test to see if this fixed UConnect without me having to get a subscription? I'd rather not have to pay to try and then deal with trying to cancel again. Thanks :)

The update came for me late July. About 3 days prior to my trial ending. Phone commands FINALLY worked consistently (I had the, "commands only work for the first 15m after car shut off" problem).

I called up Sirius to see if they could offer me some sort of goodwill extension. They said they could give me a month under COVID relief. I said no, they then asked if I wanted to subscribe for a year . I missed out on the entire trial you jerks.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The update came for me late July. About 3 days prior to my trial ending. Phone commands FINALLY worked consistently (I had the, "commands only work for the first 15m after car shut off" problem).

I called up Sirius to see if they could offer me some sort of goodwill extension. They said they could give me a month under COVID relief. I said no, they then asked if I wanted to subscribe for a year . I missed out on the entire trial you jerks.
Sirius sucks. Sorry to hear. I had 9 months of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread