5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I have this issue too, but with the 8.4NAV not the 12”. Dealer told me the RRT update won’t change anything. They said they need to replace the radio and it has something to do with the last two letter of the part number. New radio parts number is ending by AH being the last “generation” of that part number. This also is supposed to fix the EVIC theme resetting all the time. New radio should arrived on the first week of october. Will keep you posted

TrackDay

Reaction score
Mine has been working for over a month now. Early this year I added a month to month subscription for my Challenger that I don't drive in the winter and UConnect mistakenly added my Ram back instead of my Challenger. I didn't realize it until I got a health report for the Ram. Anyway, for curiosity sake I tried the remote commands on my phone app in August and sure enough, the truck responded. I've been using it ever since without issue.
I called UConnect and they gave me a couple of months credit for the mistake of not adding the Challenger when I asked for it.

DFresh

Reaction score
For those who did the RRT 19-094 update, did that completely fix the problem or did you experience the issue again after?

TheTank

Reaction score
I think I just came across this issue last night as I was locked out of the truck, and the remote commands from the app would not unlock the truck, nor could Sirius XM Guardian service unlock it either; however they all say commands received, or similar. I drove for about an hour, 'purposely'; locked keys in truck as where I was going, I didn't want to lug my keys w/ me. I was unable to unlock truck with the app.... About an hour or two later, I returned to my truck to unlock it with my app, and would not unlock it. Sirius XM Guardian could not unlock it either. I don't think it has anything to do with the keys being in the truck. I had to take my sons car, drive an hour, and get my spare key. When I returned with my spare key, I was able to open the doors, etc. 12 hours later (at home), I tested it again, and all works as it should. Can anyone confirm if "Clearing Personal Data" resolves this issue? Also, I recently upgrade from a 2019 Laramie 8.4C display to a 2020 Rebel with 12" Uconnect, I can no longer see tire pressure, Gas level, etc via the app. FCA and Sirius XM told be this is only a feature on the 8.4c displays, and not the 12" display; is this true?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I just came across this issue last night as I was locked out of the truck, and the remote commands from the app would not unlock the truck, nor could Sirius XM Guardian service unlock it either; however they all say commands received, or similar. I drove for about an hour, 'purposely'; locked keys in truck as where I was going, I didn't want to lug my keys w/ me. I was unable to unlock truck with the app.... About an hour or two later, I returned to my truck to unlock it with my app, and would not unlock it. Sirius XM Guardian could not unlock it either. I don't think it has anything to do with the keys being in the truck. I had to take my sons car, drive an hour, and get my spare key. When I returned with my spare key, I was able to open the doors, etc. 12 hours later (at home), I tested it again, and all works as it should. Can anyone confirm if "Clearing Personal Data" resolves this issue? Also, I recently upgrade from a 2019 Laramie 8.4C display to a 2020 Rebel with 12" Uconnect, I can no longer see tire pressure, Gas level, etc via the app. FCA and Sirius XM told be this is only a feature on the 8.4c displays, and not the 12" display; is this true?
Sirius XM Guardian feature on RAM 1500 is garbage don't bother about it. I went with aftermarket system and love it.

FCA and Sirius XM told be this is only a feature on the 8.4c displays, and not the 12" display; is this true? --> Yes, it is true.

jtodd5781

Reaction score
Sirius XM Guardian feature on RAM 1500 is garbage don't bother about it. I went with aftermarket system and love it.

FCA and Sirius XM told be this is only a feature on the 8.4c displays, and not the 12" display; is this true? --> Yes, it is true.
What aftermarket system did you go with?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I was experiencing the same thing, Gaurdian would not unlock/lock my truck to save my life. Had the dealer either update the system or whatever they did and hadn't had a problem since then.

Welton

Reaction score
For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

View attachment 9458

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.

TT
It did not work with my 2020 Dodge Ram

Welton

Reaction score
I was experiencing the same thing, Gaurdian would not unlock/lock my truck to save my life. Had the dealer either update the system or whatever they did and hadn't had a problem since then.
I cannot get the dealership to even look at my truck

Welton

Reaction score
Truck man shot for a week they cannot get the Uconnect to work

Jefferym70

Reaction score
It did not work with my 2020 Dodge Ram
Followed instructions sent to you. Worked perfectly in far less time. Support was pleasant but not helpful. Support person was going to submit a "ticket". No need now. All functions work as they should. Thanks!

SaintsMan

Reaction score
For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

View attachment 9458

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.
Have these steps continued to work?Because I’m having the same exact problems you have stated and noticed that it would work only when I just drove the vehicle 30 minutes to an hour prior but if I let it sit for hours it won’t work. Thanks
TT

LV426

Reaction score
Mine worked less than half the time (remote start) when I tried it, I would always get some error from the phone app, the vehicle location never functioned correctly either. I would be at work and the trucks location would still show it at home... And no, never in a parking garage or somewhere with poor reception. Needless to say I didn't pay to renew this unreliable, overpriced service.

I believe Uconnect threw in the towel on this a while ago and they probably just snicker amongst themselves now when someone pays to renew the Guardian service...

Users who are viewing this thread