5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect problem

BrianFink1964

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram Laramie. When I try to start truck at work , after sitting for 12 hours, it never starts. Always has message “remote start failed”. The information about the truck is correct on the app, so I know it’s communicating with truck. I’ve called uconnect, and it works when they are one the phone with me. Anyone else have this problem? Previously, we had a 2018 Durango, and we had the same problems.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Onstar apps always worked great for me, as for Uconnect, they have sucked for some time now. SiriusXM Guardian, FCA and Uconnect seem to care less about customer satisfaction for their connected services. Maybe @RamCares can chime in

Bearman95

Reaction score
I had Uconnect 8.4 on a 2018 jeep Wrangler JL, uconnect never worked until the very last month of the free trial. I now have a 2020 Laramie ram sport and u connect cannot remote start on it either. Uconnect says the truck is not waking up causing a false positive when I attempt to use Uconnect remote start. The U connect app says it starts but it does not! No way I will Ever pay money for this .They’ve had at least two years or three to get it working and it still does not work on the 8.4 for uconnect.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does remove unlock and lock work?

Bearman95

Reaction score
Lock and unlock does not work on my 2020 Laramie sport with you connect! I did get a vehicle health report and I can see my tire pressure, gas, and oil percentage on the Uconnect app. That’s it. No remote or location services work.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the 12" screen, its just the opposite. Lock and Unlock, remote start and location services work, but no vehicle health reports. Not in mine, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread