5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect mutes phone after 2-3 mins

Subotai

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? Virtually every time I receive or make a phone call, the person I’m talking to can’t hear me after 2-3 mins. It acts like I’ve pressed the mute button but the mute button is not highlighted nor pressed. I have to press the transfer to phone button and press it again to transfer back to the truck in order for them hear me again.

Very frustrating because I never know when it will happen until the person on the other line is saying “hello, hello??”

Any remedies?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? Virtually every time I receive or make a phone call, the person I’m talking to can’t hear me after 2-3 mins. It acts like I’ve pressed the mute button but the mute button is not highlighted nor pressed. I have to press the transfer to phone button and press it again to transfer back to the truck in order for them hear me again.

Very frustrating because I never know when it will happen until the person on the other line is saying “hello, hello??”

Any remedies?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
RamCares

d19r93

Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone by chance? I have this issue, too. But it's my iPhone and does it when I'm not on uConnect as well. Same as my father, who has a Chrysler van. It does the same for him, and it's his phone.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an android and it does it to me as well, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. Sometimes I can have a 15 min conversation and it will be fine.
One thing that is different is that I can't transfer it to speaker and then back to uconnect, I have to turn the bluetooth on my phone off and then back on and it will transfer back to uconnect automatically.
I'm sure some of my bluetooth issues are uconnect based but I do have other troubles with my phone's bluetooth outside of the ram

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Can you confirm your phones software is up to date?

Alison
RamCares

stevestrike

Reaction score
This is a well-known, and documented issue--just look around the forum here. Ram has not done anything to fix it yet, and it has gone on for longer than a year already

mike12193

Reaction score
This is a well-known, and documented issue--just look around the forum here. Ram has not done anything to fix it yet, and it has gone on for longer than a year already

Yup sure is. I have had the same issue since day one and the has been for the last nine months of ownership. If I use CarPlay I don’t have the issue only on Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Did you guys do the UAX and UCX Radio Enhancements TSB update? It’s number 08-009-19 REV. B and was releases 9/11/19. It addresses these issues:
• Audio distortion.
• Uconnect App inoperative.
• Navigation route guidance incorrect.
• Radio locked up.
• Voice recognition inoperative.
• Navigation locks up and/or black screen.
• Missing CarPlayT message “Device Not Present? when using the IPhoneT display screen.
• Split screen with incorrect display.
• Radio display screen may flicker.
• Poor BluetoothT audio.
• Split screen with incorrect display.
• Radio will intermittently reset.
• SXMT audio stops working.
• SXM missing the menu and/or display graphics.
In addition, the following improvements are included:
• Radio reception improvements.
• AndroidAutoT/CarPlay enhancements.
• Language enhancements.

d_THRILL

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 17

mike12193

Reaction score
I guess I should try Apple Car Play? Not sure how it works though.

You will need the Apple lightning cable or a usb C to Apple cable. Once you plug it in a pop will display asking to allow CarPlay. Allow it and hit the car play circle on the radio. Good thing is once you get used to car play it is pretty much the same on every vehicle running car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevestrike

Reaction score
Did you guys do the UAX and UCX Radio Enhancements TSB update? It’s number 08-009-19 REV. B and was releases 9/11/19. It addresses these issues:
Doesn't fix it. Trucks that have 28.1 still have the bluetooth issue

mkamradt

Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone by chance? I have this issue, too. But it's my iPhone and does it when I'm not on uConnect as well. Same as my father, who has a Chrysler van. It does the same for him, and it's his phone.

I have an iphone and it does the same thing to me. I don't see it being the phone for it didn't do it in my 2017 ram with uconnect. I carry 2 i phone's which one is a 7 and the other a 10s max and they both do it. Connected my step son's android and still did the same thing.

d19r93

Reaction score
I have an iphone and it does the same thing to me. I don't see it being the phone for it didn't do it in my 2017 ram with uconnect. I carry 2 i phone's which one is a 7 and the other a 10s max and they both do it. Connected my step son's android and still did the same thing.
Mine and my dad's must be something different. I got a new iPhone this weekend, and it works flawlessly now.

Users who are viewing this thread