5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

My1stHemi

Reaction score
My weather app is worthless as well. I thought it was going to be awesome but it rarely loads, the radar is inaccurate at best. I would rather have an accuweather app available. Fingers crossed for a jailbreak for uconnect/carplay.

Sirius will not be earning my future business with a poorly executed product.

Tmcb

Reaction score
My weather app is worthless as well. I thought it was going to be awesome but it rarely loads, the radar is inaccurate at best. I would rather have an accuweather app available. Fingers crossed for a jailbreak for uconnect/carplay.

Sirius will not be earning my future business with a poorly executed product.
It is odd how earlier year model trucks the system works fine. I rented a new Jeep and it had the same 12 inch screen with Uconnect and it worked fine.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
It is odd how earlier year model trucks the system works fine. I rented a new Jeep and it had the same 12 inch screen with Uconnect and it worked fine.
I thought Ram’s were the only FCA vehicle with a 12 in screen, interesting :unsure:

Glamdring

Reaction score
New 2020 Limited owner here. I've gotten the map to show weather information only briefly one time, and even that time it didn't show the full map area. Anyone confirm this working consistently? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to try to get Sirius to refresh, or just add it to the list of things that aren't quite working.

Last edited:

My1stHemi

Reaction score
New 2020 Limited owner here. I've gotten the map to only show weather information briefly one time, and even that time it didn't show the full map area. Anyone confirm this working consistently? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to try to get Sirius to refresh, or just add it to the list of things that aren't quite working.
There is a refresh button that I just saw today. It updated the 5 day forecast that had showed “NA” for Tuesday and Wednesday. This didn’t seem to fix the bad data for anything else. According to SiriusXM the local ski area was showing 38deg with rain, closed and no other info. I went to their website and it was 25 degrees, dumping snow with winter storm warnings.

I’m not sure it is an FCA Uconnect issue more that it is a crappy service from Sirius. Apple CarPlay will not allow for weather apps because Apple considers them distracting, which is funny considering you can have a live 3D GPS or Waze but no map with a weather radar overlay. My fingers are crossed for an update in the future.
There is another option I have looked into and that is something called carbridge. It is an app that hacks CarPlay so that you can run whatever app you want. This requires you to first jailbreak your phone, but my iPhone is company property so I am reluctant to hack it.

rconiv

Reaction score
I contact Sirius, and they told me the following. I have the same issue where most of the time it is a blank page, but will give lots of weather alerts. Sometimes I can get the front lines, but radar image hasn't worked for a long time, even with moving the map around and zooming to basically world view, and back in again.
Our special weather services department can be reached at 866-463-5326.

Psimpson

Reaction score
the colors on the map don't agree with what the legend says. It shows snow as yellow and red and rain as blue to green. I see green for rain. pink for ?? and blue for snow

tdager

Reaction score
Mine seems to work fine. It might take 5-10 minutes to get the first set of data after starting the truck, but that is understandable. After that, it continually updates every 5-10 min.

Same here.

Rusty Fenders

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and traded my 2017 2500 for a 2019 Ram 3500 with the 12 inch UConnect. I love the truck and the radio but I use one item very often especially when driving long distance and heading to the lake. The weather map! It seems to have worked twice in the last month I have had the truck. I pull it up and it says its been updated at that time or within the last few minutes yet the screen shows nothing across the United States as far as storms, fronts, or radar. Even when in the middle of a storm it shows 100% clear across the country.

Any ideas?

I have already sent refresh signals repeatedly yet I have nothing on the map.
My '19 Powerwagon has the same issue. I had a '16 Rebel, and the weather radar worked perfectly. I enjoy seeing what the weather is doing, especially when I'm traveling. Has anyone figured this out? I'm a newbie here, but my first rig was a '68 Dodge A100 van with a 316 V8... so much fun.

Reaction score
I have the same issue, dealer had the deer in the headlight look. Says FCA gave them a two page diagnostic sheet to perform and tells me they want my truck for two days. I've had a Ram in my possession since Gen1. Since they started putting the weather app on uconnect, I have never had an issue with the weather. Sirius says it's a uconnect issue. Mine will have the overlay come on after two-three minutes, stays on for a minute then the overlay disappears, then portions of the overlay comes back, next refresh all is gone. Seems to be only with the 12 inch displays...maybe? Might try to disconnect the battery before I give them my truck for days. Will update

Psimpson

Reaction score
Mine works just like yours, lowcountry, will have some radar, then it disappears. I had a Ford previously and it always worked. At last after the OTA update this spring the colors are right. And I have a replaced radio and it isn't any better.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue, dealer had the deer in the headlight look. Says FCA gave them a two page diagnostic sheet to perform and tells me they want my truck for two days. I've had a Ram in my possession since Gen1. Since they started putting the weather app on uconnect, I have never had an issue with the weather. Sirius says it's a uconnect issue. Mine will have the overlay come on after two-three minutes, stays on for a minute then the overlay disappears, then portions of the overlay comes back, next refresh all is gone. Seems to be only with the 12 inch displays...maybe? Might try to disconnect the battery before I give them my truck for days. Will update
I don't think it's worth the effort of bringing it to the dealer. It's faulty software that the dealer can't rectify.

Reaction score
On Sunday took the battery offline for an hour both terminals, that did nothing. As a matter of fact, didn't lose my radio station presets so must be an internal backup battery in the display.
Dropped it of at the dealership yesterday, she called back today saying they did performed 4 pages of troubleshooting from FCA and it changed nothing. Sent a "Star" request to FCA and waiting for a reply.
The advisor says this is the first time she has ever heard of this issue. So, they will keep my truck another day waiting on a replay from FCA

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you access the radar screen consistently? When I get an alert and tap 'Show Map" then X out of it, I can hit the home button and it refers back to the last page, but otherwise, I cannot find it.

Last edited:

Kidder

Reaction score
How do you access the radar screen consistently? When I get an alert and tap 'Show Map" then X out of it, I can hit the home button and it refers back to the last page, but otherwise, I cannot find it.
Travel Link, Weather Map

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Stoopid @ss problem to have...

My '16 & '18 Rebel (granted 8.4" screen...) weather map worked flawlessly.

Was thinking the 12" weather map screen on my '20 Longhorn would look cooler.....a yeah...when it freakin worx (which is mostly not)! :mad:(n)

victorydiv

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It seems that the weather displays if the map hasn't updated for a while. When the map has to redraw due to a direction change, it clears the radar data. Mine is also blurry like a partially loaded image most of the time.

Reaction score
I won't write a book on this but multiple trips to the dealer, had my truck for days, said they never heard of the problem before (2019 Longhorn), refresh, reload, all kinds of crap and the end result,,,they recognize the issue and there will be a update coming out,,they don't know when but it's coming.
That's the word from the "Star" response. I personally think they are pulling my leg on this.
It would interesting to see just how many other folks are having the same issue. A google search only comes to this forum so I don't think it's a huge problem or more people would be complaining about it.

MARTY

Reaction score
Same problem.Chatted with Sirius which is like asking the blank screen.They look up you're account, then tell you to call there tech unit for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online