5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect.com Broken (By design?) Updates Page

g00fy

Reaction score
@RamCares Can you reach out to Uconnect and find out why their Uconnect.com Update checker is broken.

I've been saying it for over a year, the Uconnect.com firmware update check does not work for newer trucks. I was 98% sure it was broken, whether it be by design or due to laziness on Uconnects part. But the Uconnect RA2 5" that I had in my early build 2019 2500 (now transplanted into my 2019 5500) has always been an unbelievably laggy POS, but worse yet, it constantly reset itself and constantly reset the clock to 12:00. I checked the Uconnect firmware update page several times using my VIN# only to be told that the radio is up to date and there are no updates available.

Thanks to someone with access to the dealer software I found out there were at least 2, possibly 3 updates available for my radio that were TSB's to address a HUGE list of issues with this Uconnect radio, and two of those listed issues were random radio resets, and clock resets to 12:00.

So I'm now 100% sure the Uconnect Firmware update check does not work, period. However I'm still not sure if it doesn't work by design or negligence. Either way, it should be fixed and made to work because it's unacceptable that the end users have to go through the hassle of scheduling service appointments, then wasting time driving to dealerships (which is for some people hours away) that usually require the problem to be diagnosed before they bother looking in their system to see if an update is available. It's been my experience that dealerships usually don't want to deal with this waste of time.

If Uconnect actually properly supported their radios, it'd be a simple easy process for end users with problems to actually check for updates themselves and install them on their own time vs going through the hassle of scheduling a service appointment at their dealership which could yield no results.

Bad enough Uconnect releases products with broken software, but also having a webpage that's supposed to allow owners to check for updates themselves, but is, I feel, purposely disabled is like adding insult to injury. Uconnect needs to get their **** together and either release software that's properly tested and fully functional, or at the very least give owners direct access to the updates as they become available.

Unfortunately I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but if enough of us complain to RAM, and even the NHTSA, since it is extremely distracting to the driver when the Uconnects have problems, MAYBE Ram will take notice and start putting some pressure on Uconnect to get their software sorted.

/endrant

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you entering your VIN with capital letters? I ran into the same type of issue if I didn't use caps. Also, just to be sure, you're going to driveuconnect.com, correct?

g00fy

Reaction score
Are you entering your VIN with capital letters? I ran into the same type of issue if I didn't use caps. Also, just to be sure, you're going to driveuconnect.com, correct?
Yes to all of the above, this is what it always says:

Screenshot_20220123-204039.png

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1 that’s the only place/website to check for updates so mute question.
2 most people are going to copy and paste their vin from their Mopar site and it’s capitalized there. Plus if Uconnect requires capitalized vins they can force the input box to only type caps. Again mute point.

Its a broken website that never says there’s an update for any radio.
I was just making sure cause you never know and I have entered my VIN off other paper work before, not just copy and paste so your reply is as mute as my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread