5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect app not for Rebel?

Noway

Reaction score
Just found out Uconnect phone app is not working with 22+ ram and Ram app is not showing it
Uconnect app was working perfect with Jeep 392 but not working at all with new Ram trucks ..is it true?

Last edited:

Noway

Reaction score
ram app works fine for me
was just used with 392 to have the uconnect app as well..I liked the layout a bit more and was not expecting Mopar to allow only certain brands , models use the uconnect app...Jeep has its own app l;ike Ram does but also jeep can use uconnect like you can see in the pic

Attachments

• ucone.jpg
    ucone.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 26

Noway

Reaction score
UConnect app works fine for my Rebel
what year? pre MY22?

just seen your sig..you have a MY21. Ya was told MY22 and newer models cant connect to the app anymore and they use RAM app exclusively

biggggant

Reaction score
uconnect app works on the rams with the onstar like features. I have a non nav 8.4 in my rebel and the connect app doesn't work since I do not have the advanced feature set.

Noway

Reaction score
uconnect app works on the rams with the onstar like features. I have a non nav 8.4 in my rebel and the connect app doesn't work since I do not have the advanced feature set.
uconnect phone app doesnt work on any MY22 and newer RAM truck..I just spoke AGAIN with customer support and they call the app "legacy app" and everyone will eventually be migrated either to Ram app/Jeep app etc

PrdCdn

Reaction score
Working for me... it logs itself off from time to time. No other issues.

Noway

Reaction score
Working for me... it logs itself off from time to time. No other issues.
looks like you are in Canada..I believe Stellantis US and Stellantis Canada are 2 different entities..but yes you have a '22 working with Uconnect app

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
looks like you are in Canada..I believe Stellantis US and Stellantis Canada are 2 different entities..but yes you have a '22 working with Uconnect app
What is the actual name of the app that you are trying to use?
You should be using the app called “Ram Connect”, and not the app called “Uconnect Ram” for a 2022+ Ram.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually have both apps, the RAM app and UConnect for my '21. Uconnect looks better, but once my 1 year was up, I get notified that it no longer works for remote services, but it still gives me status details of the truck.

Noway

Reaction score
What is the actual name of the app that you are trying to use?
You should be using the app called “Ram Connect”, and not the app called “Uconnect Ram” for a 2022+ Ram.
as the guy bellow you is saying Uconnect looks way better and gives you more info about the car. Was coming from a Wrangler 392 that has both Jeep app and uconnect app . I was under the impression Ram is the same...Seems that uconnect app works with all Ram trucks prior 2021 and dosnt for 2022 and newer in the US but still works in..canada.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
as the guy bellow you is saying Uconnect looks way better and gives you more info about the car. Was coming from a Wrangler 392 that has both Jeep app and uconnect app . I was under the impression Ram is the same...Seems that uconnect app works with all Ram trucks prior 2021 and dosnt for 2022 and newer in the US but still works in..canada.
Pre-2022 is completely irrelevant because they used different connected services than 2022+ Rams with the UC5 radios. So any responses from pre-2022 owners in relation to your app issues don’t mean anything.
What is the specific name of the mobile application that you are trying to use for your truck’s connected services that isn’t working for you?

Noway

Reaction score
Pre-2022 is completely irrelevant because they used different connected services than 2022+ Rams with the UC5 radios. So any responses from pre-2022 owners in relation to your app issues don’t mean anything.
What is the specific name of the mobile application that you are trying to use for your truck’s connected services that isn’t working for you?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
like your username suggested, there's noway that UC5 will work with uconnect app due to different system.

uconnect app works with UC4, while Ram App works with UC5. Your 392 runs on UC4, not UC5.

While I had the trial subscription for Ram App, everything is there, including using phone to lock, unlock, remote start, and sound the alarm. It also includes tracking as well.
with the trial sub expired, you won't have access to all those, but you can still see basic features like health report, tank range, digital glovebox (manuals etc), and make appointment with dealer for service and maintenance.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
like your username suggested, there's noway that UC5 will work with uconnect app due to different system.

uconnect app works with UC4, while Ram App works with UC5. Your 392 runs on UC4, not UC5.

While I had the trial subscription for Ram App, everything is there, including using phone to lock, unlock, remote start, and sound the alarm. It also includes tracking as well.
with the trial sub expired, you won't have access to all those, but you can still see basic features like health report, tank range, digital glovebox (manuals etc), and make appointment with dealer for service and maintenance.
I have a 2023 Rebel, I use both ram connect and ram app, I can see health reports and fuel gauge etc, I can lock/unlock and sound horn, but cannot remote start.
After a few months, I started to get emails about my trial expiring. I couldn’t sign up for any packages. Turns out my truck is configured for wrong country and a star case for my truck has been created. I bought mine brand new with 15kms on it from the dealer in Alberta canada. I try to purchase a monthly package to see how it works and I get a sever error everytime.
Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4097.jpeg
    IMG_4097.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
    IMG_4097.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4098.png
    IMG_4098.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4099.png
    IMG_4099.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 10

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Rebel, I use both ram connect and ram app, I can see health reports and fuel gauge etc, I can lock/unlock and sound horn, but cannot remote start.
After a few months, I started to get emails about my trial expiring. I couldn’t sign up for any packages. Turns out my truck is configured for wrong country and a star case for my truck has been created. I bought mine brand new with 15kms on it from the dealer in Alberta canada. I try to purchase a monthly package to see how it works and I get a sever error everytime.
Anyone else have this issue?
have ram care take care of it. I tried to have them extend my trial because the traffic thing in the navi didn't work for the first half of the trial but they wouldn't budge, and I didn't care enough about that since I use Google Map more. I only fall back to built in navi when I don't have cell signal.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Definitely will. I have a $50 credit now for my inconvenience but can’t use it, have to add a card first, I still get that error message.

Attachments

• IMG_4100.png
    IMG_4100.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4101.png
    IMG_4101.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4102.png
    IMG_4102.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4103.jpeg
    IMG_4103.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 7

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
have ram care take care of it. I tried to have them extend my trial because the traffic thing in the navi didn't work for the first half of the trial but they wouldn't budge, and I didn't care enough about that since I use Google Map more. I only fall back to built in navi when I don't have cell signal.
They finally got my service all fixed and properly working, but I don’t have the ability to remote start through the app

Users who are viewing this thread