5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Update: Dealer contacted Chrysler and tried to order a new radio. Chrysler explained Dealership could not order a new radio until the Service Department did a hard reset of the system and a couple other test. I believe one test was to complete any OTA Updates such as the latest S26.17 software update. Dealer ran all the tests and still couldn't get the TPMS to function properly. According to the Chrysler Engineers a Selectable TPMS doesn't exists on the UConnect5 System (Even though mine has functioned since Jan 2022). The Service Manager is a friend of mine so he invited me into the shop area to review and discuss any possible fixes. He used his cell phone and took some screen shots showing where the driver can Select a different Tire Pressure for each of the 4 tires and save that information in memory. He also took pictures of the Instrument Cluster showing the correct selected tire pressure as well as (after about 15-20 seconds) the screen showing low tire pressure for 3 of the 4 tires although all four tires have the same pressure. When the system started malfunctioning back in Oct 2022 only one of the 4 tires were showing bad tire pressure. As time progressed 2 then 3 have shown bad tire pressures. He's going to provide these pictures to the Chrysler Engineers and get a better understanding of how this system actually works.

We also discussed how the TPMS was designed to work and he mentioned a RF box located behind the rear seat that he believes picks up the TPM Valves from each of the 4 tires and relays this information to the UConnect5 System to display the Tire Pressures in the Cluster on the Dash. In theory this seems to make sense. He has ordered the RF box (I'm assuming RF stands for Radio or Relay Frequency) and will schedule me a date/time for installation.

I also learned something new. The Touch Screen is just that, a touchscreen where the driver programs the system and it is seperate from the actual radio. The actual Radio itself is just a box located in a different location.

I'll update again once the RF Box is replaced to see if this fixes the TPMS.

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: Dealer contacted Chrysler and tried to order a new radio. Chrysler explained Dealership could not order a new radio until the Service Department did a hard reset of the system and a couple other test. I believe one test was to complete any OTA Updates such as the latest S26.17 software update. Dealer ran all the tests and still couldn't get the TPMS to function properly. According to the Chrysler Engineers a Selectable TPMS doesn't exists on the UConnect5 System (Even though mine has functioned since Jan 2022). The Service Manager is a friend of mine so he invited me into the shop area to review and discuss any possible fixes. He used his cell phone and took some screen shots showing where the driver can Select a different Tire Pressure for each of the 4 tires and save that information in memory. He also took pictures of the Instrument Cluster showing the correct selected tire pressure as well as (after about 15-20 seconds) the screen showing low tire pressure for 3 of the 4 tires although all four tires have the same pressure. When the system started malfunctioning back in Oct 2022 only one of the 4 tires were showing bad tire pressure. As time progressed 2 then 3 have shown bad tire pressures. He's going to provide these pictures to the Chrysler Engineers and get a better understanding of how this system actually works.

We also discussed how the TPMS was designed to work and he mentioned a RF box located behind the rear seat that he believes picks up the TPM Valves from each of the 4 tires and relays this information to the UConnect5 System to display the Tire Pressures in the Cluster on the Dash. In theory this seems to make sense. He has ordered the RF box (I'm assuming RF stands for Radio or Relay Frequency) and will schedule me a date/time for installation.

I also learned something new. The Touch Screen is just that, a touchscreen where the driver programs the system and it is seperate from the actual radio. The actual Radio itself is just a box located in a different location.

I'll update again once the RF Box is replaced to see if this fixes the TPMS.
I would love to see these screenshots, as that option does not exist anywhere on my uconnect 5 system.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would love to see these screenshots, as that option does not exist anywhere on my uconnect 5 system.
It doesn't exist in any of ours.
He's on the wrong forums for his truck, he doesn't have a 5th Gen 1500. It might be an option on a 2500 but we wouldn't know as majority of us have 1500s.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't exist in any of ours.
He's on the wrong forums for his truck, he doesn't have a 5th Gen 1500. It might be an option on a 2500 but we wouldn't know as majority of us have 1500s.
Exactly what I was thinking, or it was enabled with alfaobd or something.

This feature would be nice for when your air down to drive in sand or snow and not get nagged to add air.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
My 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn has a Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It may only be on the HD trucks 2500/3500+ as my UConnect5 System is probably different than a UConnect5 System on a RAM 1500.

Dealer was able to cause the system to function normally again by over inflating both the Rear Tires to 65psi and the Front Tires to 60psi. He actually over inflated a few pounds over the 60/65 just to make sure the system could identify there was enough air in each tire to account for the Manufacturer's Recommended Tire Pressures according to the Data Plate attached to the vehicle.

He then drove the truck around the block to ensure the system functioned as it should. Arriving back at the dealership he then went through the Apps finding the place where the customer can select a Personal Tire Pressure, adjusted and saved the tire pressures to 55psi Front/55psi Rear. Once completed he reduced the air in the tires to the selected and saved PSI's according to the customers saved data.

Once again he drove the truck around the block to ensure the system was reading the adjusted 55 psi in all four tires.

Problem Solved!!!

Users who are viewing this thread