5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 in 2019-2021

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like there's a UC4 to UC5 kit now, anyone tried it?

MVI 2022 – 2023 Dodge Ram 12 inch screen, is a genuine Mopar 12-inch Uconnect 5 Nav. It’s the latest RAM system has faster processing speeds, advanced electrical architecture and more memory give Uconnect its lightning-quick response to touchscreen input with High-Resolution Touchscreen Display with Split-Screen Capabilities, GPS Navigation, Integrated Voice Command, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, SiriusXM, and Wireless CarPlay ® / Android Auto ® compatibility and Expanded Alexa “Car to Home” function . This upgrade is an OEM flagship product of the All-New Ram Infotainment Systems which will give you control at your fingertips.

This system can also be retro-fitted to your 2019 – 2021 Ram Truck models, to upgrade uconnect 4 to 5 for faster and smoother interface, wireless Carplay and Android auto, full screen display for Carplay and android auto and many more.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than wireless AA/Car play and full screen car play are there any other benifits.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
If they ever update it to have full screen Android Auto, I'll get one until then I'll keep my aftermarket for now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With all the issues I've seen from 22-23 guys and the UC5, not sure that's a worm hole I want to jump into

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like there's a UC4 to UC5 kit now, anyone tried it?

Nothing new there. I’ve had UC5 swapped in for the last year and a half or so. Many others on this forum and several other forums have swapped in the UC5 also.
As far as those who have retrofit UC5, they don’t have many of the issues that the factory equipped owners usually report.

BowDown

Reaction score
With all the issues I've seen from 22-23 guys and the UC5, not sure that's a worm hole I want to jump into
That's the only negative, my uc4 has been flawless since the 39.xx update. I like some of the new features in UC5 but I dont know that I like them enough to change

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$3300????

I can think of many other things to put that money to use for than an upgrade of UC4 to UC5. It's not that spectacular to even consider the upgrade, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread