5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Dealer Mode

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read that you push the bottom furthest soft keys on the Uconnect to go into dealer mode and as this seems to work on Uconnect 4 for a lot of people I cannot seem to get it to work for my Uconnect 5. I have read through pages and pages of threads to find an answer but doesn’t really seem like anyone answered when people asked. So, does anyone know how to get into dealer mode for Uconnect 5? I held down both soft keys furthest bottom corners for 7+ seconds like it says but it just always drags the icons. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 4FDD4856-3176-40A7-A332-420DEFD1C600.jpeg
    4FDD4856-3176-40A7-A332-420DEFD1C600.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 08-095-22.pdf
    921.9 KB · Views: 30

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve read that you push the bottom furthest soft keys on the Uconnect to go into dealer mode and as this seems to work on Uconnect 4 for a lot of people I cannot seem to get it to work for my Uconnect 5. I have read through pages and pages of threads to find an answer but doesn’t really seem like anyone answered when people asked. So, does anyone know how to get into dealer mode for Uconnect 5? I held down both soft keys furthest bottom corners for 7+ seconds like it says but it just always drags the icons. Any help would be appreciated!
By looking at your post about the TSB, it looks like you are trying to check for updates? That's built in with UC5. Just go to the right screen.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay so it’s actually in the Version Info I was confused by that so I can’t get Performance Pages then I updated through Alfa and have it in EVIC not on my UC5 screen though. I’m on version below.

MY22.S26.17-PROD (is that even the latest update because online it says my system is up to date?)

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does dealer mode do?
In the UC4 it allowed you to see what software version you were on to see if it is the most up to date. I see now in the UC5 it is just in settings, system information, version information.

6of36

Reaction score
Okay so it’s actually in the Version Info I was confused by that so I can’t get Performance Pages then I updated through Alfa and have it in EVIC not on my UC5 screen though. I’m on version below.

MY22.S26.17-PROD (is that even the latest update because online it says my system is up to date?)
If what you are talking about is performance pages, that's different. I read a post, that it was only available to add, with a certain version. After updating further, if the truck did not come factory installed, it disappears.

George Bednar

Reaction score
If what you are talking about is performance pages, that's different. I read a post, that it was only available to add, with a certain version. After updating further, if the truck did not come factory installed, it disappears.
S26.17 was the update I just was alerted to download today at lunch time. I am not sure if it is the most up to date though

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I was seeing that as well but was just checking to see what my version was to see if it could work but obviously not. Just curious as to what the most up to date version is because mine is supposed to update OTA and I never really notice any differences lol.

6of36

Reaction score
Look in the Uconnect headings. There is one for every system.

amvidalrc

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this matter. I want to enable ADB or search a way to install an APK. I want to use OSMAND on the screen. This guy acomplished it Uconnect 5 FCA R1L Android vulnerability ( FCA cars; Jeep , Fiat, Chrysler etc.) but they don't want to disclose the manual.

I got on Android Development mode connecting an iPhone with USB and using the notification box, but I can't adb on the computer. The USB is capped to some devices only and Harman make a good job on protections.

I'm investigating and I will disclose any news here.

Edit:
How to enter Android Recovery Mode:
- Press MUTE + Temp up + Temp down for 10s

When on recovery, a finger touch changes option and a longer touch accept the option.

U

User_3336

There is a DEALER mode and an ENGINEERING mode. you can no longer access ENG mode in UC5.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

U

User_3336

That didn't provide a response or a "how to".

U

User_3336

you said this above

there is no dealer mode with U5

@Jimmy07
who is correct?
When I was having issues with my AT&T wifi on UC5, they were in some dealer/engineering/diagnostics screen because they read me the imei and ICCID of the hotspot and I have to give them to ATT. Those menu's are not user accessible, and have to be hooked up to a computer in the shop. Excuse my terminology.

Users who are viewing this thread