5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-Inch Display" generated a conflict.

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Have been getting great information on the forum and finally decided to participate with my first post. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado and since the introduction of the 2019 Ram, I'm seriously considering the purchase of my very first Ram product. Hands down, the 5th gen interior is what did it for me. Although Chevy has introduced an all new 2019, I feel the engineers really missed the mark on the interior redesign. So much so, it's a deal breaker for me. That being said, while configuring my 2019 Laramie Crew Cab and selecting the 12-Inch Display, a conflict is generated. They are requiring sales code: AHC Trailer-Tow Group. So if you want the MUST have 12-Inch Display, you can not have the 360 surround view because the mirrors that come with the Trailer-Tow Group do not have cameras nor power fold for that matter. Does this seem silly to anyone else but me? Someone please tell me this is a mistake. I would rather have the power fold mirrors with cameras and select the trailer brake as a stand alone option. This is my dilemma and if true, another deal breaker for me.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You can definitely get the 12 Inch UConnect without the trailer tow group as I've seen reviews and videos of it showing the surround view cameras. I'm assuming that must be a mistake in the build and price.

I took the photos of this Limited with out the trailer tow group (note the standard power folding mirrors) and it had the 12 Inch UConnect but did have the standalone trailer brake option.

Flot

Reaction score
This change happened in the online config tool 7-10 days back. Prior to that it was possible to order the 12" screen in a laramie without the tow group. Good call about the mirrors and lack of cameras. I didn't pick up on that when I was walking through it, I bet lots of people would order without realizing what was going to change.

I suspect this is a glitch in the online config tool and that your dealer could order the same package minus the trailer group, but you'd have to work with a dealer to confirm.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never heard of this issue until now. I always heard that you can order the 12in without the tow package.

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys agree this must be a mistake and hope they correct it ASAP. Because the 12-Inch Display is standard on the Limited, the conflict is only generated on the Laramie. I hope the dealers ordering system does not have the same issue. Could you imagine spending your time and hard earned money ordering the perfect build with all the goodies only to find on delivery day, you have a loaded Laramie with no 360 view and mirrors you have to manually fold in. What a joke! Engineers redesigned the whole truck and then decided to use the same old tow mirrors from the 4th Gen parts bin. Please double and triple check the line items when ordering. Don't assume the person placing your order knows more than you. Believe me, they don't! Make sure delivery day is a great day and you get what you paid for.

D

Deleted member 85

Uh-oh.

When I configure even a Limited on the internal build program, selecting the "Level 1 Limited Equipment Group" generates this warning -

(see attachment)

Hmm.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 115

Mjben1977

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Have been getting great information on the forum and finally decided to participate with my first post. I currently drive a 2015 Silverado and since the introduction of the 2019 Ram, I'm seriously considering the purchase of my very first Ram product. Hands down, the 5th gen interior is what did it for me. Although Chevy has introduced an all new 2019, I feel the engineers really missed the mark on the interior redesign. So much so, it's a deal breaker for me. That being said, while configuring my 2019 Laramie Crew Cab and selecting the 12-Inch Display, a conflict is generated. They are requiring sales code: AHC Trailer-Tow Group. So if you want the MUST have 12-Inch Display, you can not have the 360 surround view because the mirrors that come with the Trailer-Tow Group do not have cameras nor power fold for that matter. Does this seem silly to anyone else but me? Someone please tell me this is a mistake. I would rather have the power fold mirrors with cameras and select the trailer brake as a stand alone option. This is my dilemma and if true, another deal breaker for me.
Limited has blind spot trailer detection, I added the stand alone trailer brake controller and called it a day!

Users who are viewing this thread