5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12", Soft Reset?

Gemlin

Reaction score
Anyone know how to soft reset the 12" Uconnect? I tried the tuner and power button held for 10 seconds, and that did not work.

I had my radio/xm radio this weekend play, but there was a ton of static. I switched from xm radio, static, I switched to FM Radio, static.

I could not soft reset the radio without popping the hood, disconnecting the negative battery cable, then re-install the cable. After the I did that, the 12" Uconnect lost a lot of the options until about an hour after reset. (They all came back eventually within a hour.). After doing this, all the static went away.

I'd like to know how to reset it WITHOUT having to disconnect the battery. Anyone have any ideas or know how to do it?

combatchuck

Reaction score
I asked the dealer this question, they told me you needed the device that plugs in the dash to do it. Your only choice is the battery.

combatchuck

Reaction score
I went back in today because I had to pull the battery 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Wanted to make sure you saw this, and to see if it applies to you. It's a service bulletin for the 12-inch screens to fix a ton of bugs. I was having issues where I would have no audio, screen stuck on the reverse camera, or only part of the speakers working.

They told me I should have been able to download the update from the site and apply myself. I told them I couldn't find it, and VIN search returned nothing.

predv2

Reaction score

PedalMonk

Reaction score
I went back in today because I had to pull the battery 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Wanted to make sure you saw this, and to see if it applies to you. It's a service bulletin for the 12-inch screens to fix a ton of bugs. I was having issues where I would have no audio, screen stuck on the reverse camera, or only part of the speakers working.

They told me I should have been able to download the update from the site and apply myself. I told them I couldn't find it, and VIN search returned nothing.

Thanks! This is good info. I need to check what version my system is using.

Users who are viewing this thread