5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 12 Screen Problems

scudda

Reaction score
My screen has a mind of its own. It freezes, or goes completely black and becomes unresponsive. I’ve had it at the dealer before but they haven’t fixed the issue. They told me it needed a software update. The update didn’t seem to fix the issue.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My screen has a mind of its own. It freezes, or goes completely black and becomes unresponsive. I’ve had it at the dealer before but they haven’t fixed the issue. They told me it needed a software update. The update didn’t seem to fix the issue.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

scudda

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
I plan on visiting my local dealer sometime next week. I’ll have to find a time they can schedule me in.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@scudda what version is the unit on now? Curious if it is on the latest version.

Dostix

Reaction score
Just got a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport with the 12in screen 2 days ago and have the same issue.

Quicksilver76

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Ram 1500 with the 12” screen and have had this happen to me once already. I was wondering if this was going to be a reoccurring issue. The screen just froze. I’ve owned it for less than a week.

Reaction score
Today my sounds wouldn't work when my phone was connected via bluetooth....turns out I had bluetooth muted on my phone....

RamCares

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Ram 1500 with the 12” screen and have had this happen to me once already. I was wondering if this was going to be a reoccurring issue. The screen just froze. I’ve owned it for less than a week.
Today my sounds wouldn't work when my phone was connected via bluetooth....turns out I had bluetooth muted on my phone....

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Quicksilver76

Reaction score
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares
That’s nice to hear. I have not had any issues since the first occurrence but in case I do, are there any resolutions outside of taking it to the dealership?

RamCares

Reaction score

scudda

Reaction score
Okay! Please keep us updated.

Alison
RamCares
I've been to the local dealer multiple times since I made this post about the screen issue. The first time they told me it needed an update, and it didn't solve the issue. Now the service manager said an update would be released by the end of the month to resolve this issue. Has anyone had the screen replaced, as I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue and not a software problem?

RamCares

Reaction score
I've been to the local dealer multiple times since I made this post about the screen issue. The first time they told me it needed an update, and it didn't solve the issue. Now the service manager said an update would be released by the end of the month to resolve this issue. Has anyone had the screen replaced, as I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue and not a software problem?

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread