5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Not Storing Sirius XM Radio Presets

CCKlein

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help with this issue. I have a 2019 1500 with Uconnect 12. The Sirius radio presets worked fine for 1 1/2 years until recently and now they disappear every time I shut the vehicle off and restart. Here is what I have tried to fix this issue from this forum as well as from other sources (dealership and You Tube):
  • I had Sirius XM send a refresh signal to my radio - did not work
  • A bulletin from FCA says that the most common problem is the radio is in Demo mode and to "go to the Sirius Page and exit demo mode" - my radio is getting all Sirius stations and my account is active in my name in the settings section, so I don't think it is in demo mode? Where do you find the Sirius page to exit demo mode?
  • I watched the You Tube video where they suggest that you create your own user and avatar (in Sirius settings) and then save it. Then assign presets to that user in the main radio screen. I tried this and the radio doesn't remember the user name and avatar that I set-up when I go to the media screen, so there is no ability to assign presets from my favorites to that name.
  • I removed connections to the main battery and then reconnected - no luck.
The puzzling things is that the radio remembers all of my favorite channels, so the radio is recognizing my account and storing some information.

Talked to numerous service tech's at the dealership and no-one has any soltions other than what was listed above.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help with this issue. I have a 2019 1500 with Uconnect 12. The Sirius radio presets worked fine for 1 1/2 years until recently and now they disappear every time I shut the vehicle off and restart. Here is what I have tried to fix this issue from this forum as well as from other sources (dealership and You Tube):
  • A bulletin from FCA says that the most common problem is the radio is in Demo mode and to "go to the Sirius Page and exit demo mode" - my radio is getting all Sirius stations and my account is active in my name in the settings section, so I don't think it is in demo mode? Where do you find the Sirius page to exit demo mode?
  • I watched the You Tube video where they suggest that you create your own user and avatar (in Sirius settings) and then save it. Then assign presets to that user in the main radio screen. I tried this and the radio doesn't remember the user name and avatar that I set-up when I go to the media screen, so there is no ability to assign presets from my favorites to that name.
The puzzling things is that the radio remembers all of my favorite channels, so the radio is recognizing my account and storing some information.

Talked to numerous service tech's at the dealership and no-one has any soltions other than what was listed above.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

Marcus

Reaction score
I started having the exact same issues with my uconnect and sirius XM presets. I am wondering if CCKlein ever resolved these issues and please help me do the same.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I started having the exact same issues with my uconnect and sirius XM presets. I am wondering if CCKlein ever resolved these issues and please help me do the same.
Hi there--

If you're still experiencing these concerns and would like our help looking into a resolution, please send our team a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Rob1013692

Reaction score
If this thread is still active and need help - Need to "clear personal data" from the Settings->Reset screen. It will reset to default and will need to re-pair your phone. It did it to me once, never had a problem after a "reset".

Bizkit

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen to me today. Presets in xm disappeared, can't setup user because radio doesn't remember. Preset shows back up upon starting about one our of 3 times.

Bizkit

Reaction score
If this thread is still active and need help - Need to "clear personal data" from the Settings->Reset screen. It will reset to default and will need to re-pair your phone. It did it to me once, never had a problem after a "reset".
Does this reset all settings on vehicle like auto high beams, ect...or just radio,xm?

Bizkit

Reaction score

What ended up fixing your issue? I had exact same thing happen yesterday with presets disappearing down to radio not remembering my user name.

Users who are viewing this thread