5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 Bugs

Lettika

Reaction score
Did you try pressing the set and driver 1 or 2 on your door after setting your presets and mirrors?

No, I haven't set up any of the presets so I didn't think these could be intervening.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So, not sure if this is necessarily a 12" problem, but it seems like as good a place to post this as any other.

On random occasions, when I get in the truck and start it up, the ventilation for the drivers seat turns on. This happens maybe every few days and very random intervals. It is obviously very easy to turn off, but I don't like that it turns itself on randomly.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Grayfuji

Reaction score
So, not sure if this is necessarily a 12" problem, but it seems like as good a place to post this as any other.

On random occasions, when I get in the truck and start it up, the ventilation for the drivers seat turns on. This happens maybe every few days and very random intervals. It is obviously very easy to turn off, but I don't like that it turns itself on randomly.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?
Mine does this... If I remember correctly it is due to the "climate settings" when above certain temp it activates the seat vent and if below a certain temp activates heated seat. don't remember the set temps or if those are changeable.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Mine does this... If I remember correctly it is due to the "climate settings" when above certain temp it activates the seat vent and if below a certain temp activates heated seat. don't remember the set temps or if those are changeable.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to review my settings and see if I can figure something out and/or change it.

MacDuff

Reaction score
I've had my truck about 2 weeks now. Sirius presets are VERY slow to respond to station changes, was not this way when I initially took delivery.
Additionally, when Apple Carplay is in use the clock display disappears from the top center of the 12" display. Shows at all other times, seems like a programming glitch that needs to be addressed. I've set the clock in the instrument display as a back up for now.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I've had my truck about 2 weeks now. Sirius presets are VERY slow to respond to station changes, was not this way when I initially took delivery.
Additionally, when Apple Carplay is in use the clock display disappears from the top center of the 12" display. Shows at all other times, seems like a programming glitch that needs to be addressed. I've set the clock in the instrument display as a back up for now.

I've noticed the same thing with the clock when CarPlay is being used. While I do think it should be an easy fix for their programmers to implement, if you look to the left side of the CarPlay display you'll see the time displayed there. My suspicion is that the programmers chose not to have two clocks displayed at the same time.

MacDuff

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing with the clock when CarPlay is being used. While I do think it should be an easy fix for their programmers to implement, if you look to the left side of the CarPlay display you'll see the time displayed there. My suspicion is that the programmers chose not to have two clocks displayed at the same time.

Thanks, I can't say I noticed the time displayed on carplay. I'll take a look when I jump in for my morning commute.

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll have to review my settings and see if I can figure something out and/or change it.
NOT SURE IF YOU ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT, BUT IN THE CAR SETTINGS, YOU CAN SET THE START UP FUNCTIONS TO OFF. THE TRUCK IS PROGRAMMED TO TURN THE SEAT FAN ON OR OFF DEPENDING ON THE OUTSIDE TEMP. IF YOU TURN THIS SETTING OFF, IT WILL NOT TURN THE SEAT COOLER...

Mohab

Reaction score
Using Android Auto today and when the voice for the GPS would come on she would talk through the left front speakers. Then when she was done the radio would come back on but only be playing through a couple of the speakers in the back and the volume control was stuck controlling the phone (Android Auto) sound so I couldn't turn the radio up or down. I could go into the MEDIA app and hit the button for voice search then cancel it. This would give me back the volume control for the radio and all of the speakers would work properly until the GPS girl had something to say again. Then the speakers would cut out again and I would not have volume control on the radio. This is certainly a software issue but I am not sure what to do about it so it is on record with FCA to make sure they know about it. I will show it to my dealership but I'm not certain that the info will get where it needs to be so the right people are aware of the issue. Posting it on here is probably better than telling my sales guy. Any ideas?
I have same exact issue, I turn the radio volum off and back on immediately and it works

djwdjw

Reaction score
Buglet 1: If you set the nav guidance volume to 0, it will not return even when set to something other than zero until the system is turned off for a while.

Buglet 2: I don't think there is any difference in guidance volume at 1, 2, or 3 and I don't think there is any. For me, guidance volume settings 1, 2 or 3 are still too loud.

oceanmaster66

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with 12" screen that I picked up December 1, 2018. Everything worked great until yesterday when I got in the truck and all 12 of my presets were blank. I reset them all yesterday and today they are all gone again. Now every time I turn the truck off they clear out. The one thing I did do differently was that I streamed SiriusXM on my computer on Friday. When I logged in to my Sirius account I saw all of my preset presented on my computer.

Anyone know if there are known issues with either a software update in the last couple of days clearing presets or an issue streaming online messing them up?

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with 12" screen that I picked up December 1, 2018. Everything worked great until yesterday when I got in the truck and all 12 of my presets were blank. I reset them all yesterday and today they are all gone again. Now every time I turn the truck off they clear out. The one thing I did do differently was that I streamed SiriusXM on my computer on Friday. When I logged in to my Sirius account I saw all of my preset presented on my computer.

Anyone know if there are known issues with either a software update in the last couple of days clearing presets or an issue streaming online messing them up?

I just started having the same issues this week! Wonder what it is related to?

Here you can see it remembered the XM station but again lost all of the presets

023EDD6A-A6E3-4DA6-B30D-BEC2269CAF6A.jpeg

Captain Stack

Reaction score
This picture shows what I was referencing about the Sirius XM account icon disappearing. It’s circled in blue. There used to be an icon of an avatar there. View attachment 5894
I believe that an icon will only appear there when you have set Sirius XM preferences for the driver M1 or M2 or key fob in use. There is a way to set radio preferences in the settings panel for XM.

Hope this helps.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
So I took it to the dealer today and got the first oil change. I had to ask for synthetic because apparently that’s not standard, as opposed to the Chevy Avalnaches I traded in.

I also had them check the XM Satellite preset problem. Here’s what they gave me - they said there is no solution yet and to check back in a month or so.

However, this says an update should have out 3rd quarter of 2018????

12C43335-0BB8-4C15-88CA-4492AF7F64E8.jpeg

Drew451

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 1500 with the 12” screen and 3 days later started having the same XM preset problem. Is anyone’s dealer saying anything other than “wait for an update”? Yesterday mine said it could be a couple of months before a solution is found.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 1500 with the 12” screen and 3 days later started having the same XM preset problem. Is anyone’s dealer saying anything other than “wait for an update”? Yesterday mine said it could be a couple of months before a solution is found.
You are being misled. First of all your memory 1 or memory 2 will be what saves your presets regarding radio stations, Sirius XM presets, seat position, pedal position and the rest. With the engine running and in park set everything the way you want it. Then press the set button then the number 1 or 2 button. Everything will save. Now your Uconnect may still need updating but you can set your memory or change it at anytime regardless of updates for Uconnect or Sirius. Also Every time you set memory 1 or 2 then where ever everything is positioned or setup on the 12" radio is where everything will be saved. So if you want to change the seat position and your radio is tuned to the Opera channel than every time you start your truck then the Seat will move to that position and your radio will go to the Opera station

Drew451

Reaction score
You are being misled. First of all your memory 1 or memory 2 will be what saves your presets regarding radio stations, Sirius XM presets, seat position, pedal position and the rest. With the engine running and in park set everything the way you want it. Then press the set button then the number 1 or 2 button. Everything will save. Now your Uconnect may still need updating but you can set your memory or change it at anytime regardless of updates for Uconnect or Sirius. Also Every time you set memory 1 or 2 then where ever everything is positioned or setup on the 12" radio is where everything will be saved. So if you want to change the seat position and your radio is tuned to the Opera channel than every time you start your truck then the Seat will move to that position and your radio will go to the Opera station

Both the dealer and I tried this, and the presets still disappeared when the truck was shut off and turned back on.

The dealer also tried to set up the radio to specific key fobs, and that didn’t work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online