5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 Bugs

Laramieguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having several issues with my 2019 Ram Laramie Uconnect 12 system:

Radio presets don’t save for the radio. Every time I start the truck they all say “hold to set”, but if I press the favorites button they appear. As soon as this started happening the icon for your sxm account disappeared. It’s on the right vertical menu, the bottom button.

Harmon Kardon system not loud at all. My 9 speaker alpine in my 2018 was significantly louder. I’ve compare surround sound on vs off and it’s still not much louder. I’ve read this is a very common issue.

This is random - my mirrors are always “off” when I turn on the truck. I have to press 1 on the memory panel to get them to my saved setting. I don’t know what setting it’s defaulting to.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks.

RBRK

Reaction score
Try pushing set and driver 1 or 2 after you set your presets , mirror or generally anything that is a preference. It will stay after that.

As far as loud goes, I think it’s alright, not overwhelming by any means but it’s a good sounding system. Someday they will fix it. Maybe

Grayfuji

Reaction score
if I remember correctly, there has been some talk of the HK loudness issue and there is an update that resolved it.

Laramieguy

Reaction score
This picture shows what I was referencing about the Sirius XM account icon disappearing. It’s circled in blue. There used to be an icon of an avatar there. 8721B71D-1CD0-47E2-B29C-4DA9EADC34FD.jpeg

Laramieguy

Reaction score
Look how weird this is. I got into my truck today and all my presets are back (but in a different order...) and the account icon has reappeared. See attached.

Attachments

• F44C5707-9B33-4D8B-991F-415BEC40AB15.jpeg
    F44C5707-9B33-4D8B-991F-415BEC40AB15.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 133

Twoamen

Reaction score
looks like it reset to demo mode. mine did it half dozen times and XM people did sometime on their end half dozen times. Then OTA update seemed to fix it. BUT once and awhile it jumps to demo for a brief second then returns to my settings.

Ryanww

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having several issues with my 2019 Ram Laramie Uconnect 12 system:

Radio presets don’t save for the radio. Every time I start the truck they all say “hold to set”, but if I press the favorites button they appear. As soon as this started happening the icon for your sxm account disappeared. It’s on the right vertical menu, the bottom button.

Harmon Kardon system not loud at all. My 9 speaker alpine in my 2018 was significantly louder. I’ve compare surround sound on vs off and it’s still not much louder. I’ve read this is a very common issue.

This is random - my mirrors are always “off” when I turn on the truck. I have to press 1 on the memory panel to get them to my saved setting. I don’t know what setting it’s defaulting to.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks.
Simple fix...you need to get a new radio. As long as your dealership is quality they will be able to get STAR to send you a new unit....Side trick is to call Uconnect and complain and they will set it up. I work for a dealership, and know the issue, and there is no way to fix it, once you radio breaks to this point.

Laramieguy

Reaction score
Simple fix...you need to get a new radio. As long as your dealership is quality they will be able to get STAR to send you a new unit....Side trick is to call Uconnect and complain and they will set it up. I work for a dealership, and know the issue, and there is no way to fix it, once you radio breaks to this point.
Is that what’s causing all the issues I listed? Do you have any info on the Harmon Kardon system not being loud or my mirrors resetting?

Thanks

Ryanww

Reaction score
Is that what’s causing all the issues I listed? Do you have any info on the Harmon Kardon system not being loud or my mirrors resetting?

Thanks
I have not had that issue. But once I did the update, it caused my FM station to no longer save, along with the top card of my uconnect screen. and my service tried everything but there was no resetting it or anything

Laramieguy

Reaction score
I have not had that issue. But once I did the update, it caused my FM station to no longer save, along with the top card of my uconnect screen. and my service tried everything but there was no resetting it or anything
I have also had the issue with the top card not saving. Also, when I start my car it always is on the XM preview station....very annoying! I made an appointment at the dealer for Tuesday. I will update you guys with the results.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
Try pushing set and driver 1 or 2 after you set your presets , mirror or generally anything that is a preference. It will stay after that.

Radio Preset Saving. I agree with RBRK. I had the same problems when I got my 2019 in July. You have two memories tied to your key fobs. Any changes to mirror position, radio stations, Sirius, seat position and so must be again saved to the memory number 1 or 2 you use. The presets are saved when you save to memory only when you do the save seat setting procedure for memory 1 or memory 2. Make sure Connect is up to date because updates can reset your world. Also your trucks computer chip reprograming will somehow also reset some settings.. They updated my trucks computer and suddenly my presets back to default.

If you don't save your changes than its like "50 First Dates", you put the truck to bed at night and the next time you start it then your back to square one.

Laramieguy

Reaction score
Hey guys - Just a quick update...the dealer updated the software for the AMP and it's crazy loud now! Definitely something everyone here should do if they have the HK sound system. Mirrors still don't stay and AM/FM presets dont save. I am over that though because I barely use the radio. The dealer did tell me that there is a major Uconnect update coming quarter 1 of next year.

Lettika

Reaction score
Using Android Auto today and when the voice for the GPS would come on she would talk through the left front speakers. Then when she was done the radio would come back on but only be playing through a couple of the speakers in the back and the volume control was stuck controlling the phone (Android Auto) sound so I couldn't turn the radio up or down. I could go into the MEDIA app and hit the button for voice search then cancel it. This would give me back the volume control for the radio and all of the speakers would work properly until the GPS girl had something to say again. Then the speakers would cut out again and I would not have volume control on the radio. This is certainly a software issue but I am not sure what to do about it so it is on record with FCA to make sure they know about it. I will show it to my dealership but I'm not certain that the info will get where it needs to be so the right people are aware of the issue. Posting it on here is probably better than telling my sales guy. Any ideas?

Laramieguy

Reaction score
Have you tried switching between audio sources like fm then back to AA while that happens?

RBRK

Reaction score
Hey guys - Just a quick update...the dealer updated the software for the AMP and it's crazy loud now! Definitely something everyone here should do if they have the HK sound system. Mirrors still don't stay and AM/FM presets dont save. I am over that though because I barely use the radio. The dealer did tell me that there is a major Uconnect update coming quarter 1 of next year.
Did you try pressing the set and driver 1 or 2 on your door after setting your presets and mirrors?

drsubie

Reaction score
Well, thought I had the AM presets solved, but even after saving the stations and then saving them to my driver profile, none of the stations are saved... weird!

Also noticing some issue w/ the keyless lock/unlock proximity--just ended turning that feature off for now :(

Users who are viewing this thread