5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect “accept” every time?

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone else’s 8.4 UConnect ask you to “accept” their policies when you turn on the truck? It’s not every time but I’d say it’s well over half. I’ve had the truck since feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonandlisa

Reaction score
Mine doesn’t, I have the 8.4 no navigation if that makes a difference.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine asks every time, non-navigation

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine asks every time. I have the 8.4 w/o nav.

But who cares? You do not have to press the 'accept' button. It goes away after a couple seconds.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine asks every time. I have the 8.4 w/o nav.

But who cares? You do not have to press the 'accept' button. It goes away after a couple seconds.

I just figured every time was a bit excessive and maybe something was off. Apparently not though.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I just figured every time was a bit excessive and maybe something was off. Apparently not though.

Lawyers. I found out recently why sharks do not eat lawyers. Apparently it's because of professional courtesy

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Oh I agree it's excessive. At least it's not like the screens in 'ye olden days' when they first started showing up in cars. They would absolutely not clear until you hit the 'agree' or allow you to interact with them at all when the vehicle was in motion. My wife's old Odyssey was like that. Such a pain in the ***.

RamCares

Reaction score
Does anyone else’s 8.4 UConnect ask you to “accept” their policies when you turn on the truck? It’s not every time but I’d say it’s well over half. I’ve had the truck since feb.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, this is a normal feature of the Uconnect system.

Alison
RamCares

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure how effective it is since they don't make you accept in order for the system to operate.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It depends, if you turn off your radio, it will ask you the disclaimer when you power it back on. I don't turn off my radio before I turn off my truck, so when I turn my truck back on, the radio turns on and doesn't ask the disclaimer. I don't do that to avoid the disclaimer, though that is a plus, I'm just too lazy to turn off my radio before I shut off the truck.

Mine is an 8.4 with NAV.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends, if you turn off your radio, it will ask you the disclaimer when you power it back on. I don't turn off my radio before I turn off my truck, so when I turn my truck back on, the radio turns on and doesn't ask the disclaimer. I don't do that to avoid the disclaimer, though that is a plus, I'm just too lazy to turn off my radio before I shut off the truck.

Mine is an 8.4 with NAV.
Never turn mine off. Always asks.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Never turn mine off. Always asks.

Well that's interesting. I just double checked, mine just turns on if I don't turn off the power button before I shut off the truck. But if I turn it off, it will ask every time.

I wonder if that's based on an update, whether you have a newer update or do I?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that's interesting. I just double checked, mine just turns on if I don't turn off the power button before I shut off the truck. But if I turn it off, it will ask every time.

I wonder if that's based on an update, whether you have a newer update or do I?
Maybe. Or maybe the difference between nav/ no nav? Idk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure how effective it is since they don't make you accept in order for the system to operate.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Exactly this. It’s a distraction to one’s driving. You KNOW someone has ran into someone else because they were trying to clear their screen

Users who are viewing this thread