5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC5 with HU running MY22-S26.17 Map update over WIFI (MOTA)

jackedin

Reaction score
Does anyone have the option to update their NAV maps via WIFI ?
According to Ram Connect, the option is available on the NAV Screen , by selecting MAIN MENU, > MAPS, selecting > North America/Region/ State and then selecting Map Update over WiFi. I don't have that option, does anyone ?

wills446

Reaction score
This is one of the features of the paid Navigation subscription, but at least for me it has never worked. The map updates are supposed to be delivered via the trucks cellular connection (not WiFi). I have read a few places that it is a TomTom problem, but I've not come across any really good info on that. At least there is a work-around. You can download the map updates for free and apply them via USB: Stellantis | Home

jackedin

Reaction score
This is one of the features of the paid Navigation subscription, but at least for me it has never worked. The map updates are supposed to be delivered via the trucks cellular connection (not WiFi). I have read a few places that it is a TomTom problem, but I've not come across any really good info on that. At least there is a work-around. You can download the map updates for free and apply them via USB: Stellantis | Home
Thanks for the reply, according to Ram Connect @RamCares this feature should be available in UC5. The Ram Connect Rep specifically provided instructions to connect to a WIFI network vis-a-vis the 4G LTE (which is how is suppose to work automarically) and access the download menu from there.

This call to Ram Connect was one of many in an attempt to get my TOM TOM NAV maps updated. I, like many on this forum, have had the truck for more than 7 months and have yet to received a single map update. On the bright side, I have received HU updates and even a TBM update .

Speaking of a work around, about a month ago I called Ram Connect and was given instructions to download the maps from Stellantis | Home and install via USB as you mentioned. While the download and install was simple and straight forward it actually cause the NAV software to reload on an endless loop. I believe others have reported that experience with the USB update, although I know it's also worked for some.

After almost getting into an accident by angrily watching the NAV screen reload endlessly, I took the truck to the Stealership. Well, you can imagine what happen next. They'll held my truck hostage for three days. Instead of reloading the maps or re-flashing the FW on the HU. They just replaced the HU to fix the problem. Except it didn't, the new HU had an older FW that they didn't bother to update. When they put back 12" screen and bezel they didn't connect it correctly and my aux port socket didn't work. But to add insult to injury, the NAV SW on the new HU was a year older than the one they replace . . . so LOL on me.

I really LOVE my truck ! Dealing with RAM Connect/UConnect/Stellantis is more that aggravating. I'm grateful to this forum for laughter, information and commiserating.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had the free paid navigation subscription, but I never saw those options that claim to exist.
I used the USB update and it worked fine.

I'm not sure map updates would ever go over the cell connection, the last one I did was 16GB do you have any idea how long that would take over a crappy cell connection?

liq001

Reaction score
May I ask what is the downloaded size of 9 files? I have download it and only 12.3 Gb, not 16.4 Gb. Thanks

23RAM

Reaction score
May I ask what is the downloaded size of 9 files? I have download it and only 12.3 Gb, not 16.4 Gb. Thanks
I had to click on the individual files to download - you're missing 4gigs so you probably just missed clicking on one of the large 4gig files?

U

User_3336

I successfully updated my maps to 4/7/23. UC 5 12 inch.

Previously it had a 11/21 update.

took almost 40 minutes.

23RAM

Reaction score
I successfully updated my maps to 4/7/23. UC 5 12 inch.

Previously it had a 11/21 update.

took almost 40 minutes.
Same here...just did it in the driveway again with the engine off (ACC position) and it took 36 minutes. The 25 minute battery saving auto-off kicked in again but I was ready and a quick press of the Start button and it continued fine.

I noticed something about the date format, it's listed day/month/year so it says 07/04/2023 on the screen - just an FYI for those wondering how old their maps are.

U

User_3336

Same here...just did it in the driveway again with the engine off (ACC position) and it took 36 minutes. The 25 minute battery saving auto-off kicked in again but I was ready and a quick press of the Start button and it continued fine.

I noticed something about the date format, it's listed day/month/year so it says 07/04/2023 on the screen - just an FYI for those wondering how old their maps are.
Is the date listed like that a Canadian thing? the maps are dated 4/7/23. Is 7/4/23 the Canadian format?

23RAM

Reaction score
Is the date listed like that a Canadian thing? the maps are dated 4/7/23. Is 7/4/23 the Canadian format?
It might be...I use month/day/year but Canada is weird. I'll have to check the MPH <> KM/H setting and see if it changes.

Users who are viewing this thread