5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC 5 Software update

Deputy56

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this is the latest software for UC 5 8.4 non - nav

Attachments

• 20231112_124114.jpg
    20231112_124114.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 64

Darxide

Reaction score
I'm only on 145. Only way to get updates is if your Ram has the connected services module installed to receive OTA updates. Many 2022 Rams came with a factory delete due to the chip shortage, including mine. The drive uconnect website does not provide updates. The only other way is to waste your time and money by going to and paying the dealer, which is completely unacceptable for a modern radio that connects to satellites and your phone for everything.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
There is an issue with the maps, the update so massive it has to be done manually (it’s free). Once you update the maps, OTA may work again. Unless you complain to dealer that OTA is not working they will not update it. As your warranty burns near end you should make this complaint. Maps can be downloaded from website (search this forum for instructions)

5genJeff

Reaction score
My 2023 with UC5 no-Nav 8.4 (built 6-23) came with this. I haven't seen this version mentioned anywhere. I'm guessing since it says -Refresh in the Model name that the radio is some kind of hardware refresh and the v246 listed may not necessarily apply to older UConnect 5 non-Navs?
UC5noNAV.jpg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My 2023 with UC5 no-Nav 8.4 (built 6-23) came with this. I haven't seen this version mentioned anywhere. I'm guessing since it says -Refresh in the Model name that the radio is some kind of hardware refresh and the v246 listed may not necessarily apply to older UConnect 5 non-Navs?
View attachment 171920
android version 10 wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/