5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U12 / System Functions Issue

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
So I started my 2019 Ram Rebel 5.7 and the U12 system sound was non-existent. I tried shutting it off and restarting but the problem still occurred.

Long story short: I removed the negative terminal left it off for 20 mins, got back in, started it and then half the functions worked (radio, GPS). Most didn't work including air, SiriusXM, etc.).

I let the vehicle run quite a while in case it needed to initialize, yet it remained for over 30 mins (broke). I got out of the truck, walked into the grocery store and returned 45 mins later, started the vehicle and everything worked.

Although I am happy everything worked, I am worried this may happen again. The vehicle has 3.7k miles which is worrisome for such a new vehicle.

Is the common? Is there an update that fixes this?

TBurton

Reaction score
It's common for several system to take a couple of key cycles to reinitialize after the battery has been disconnected. Backup cam, Uconnect, XM, etc.

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
It's common for several system to take a couple of key cycles to reinitialize after the battery has been disconnected. Backup cam, Uconnect, XM, etc.
Ahhh ok so at least I know I am not alone in this :)

Thanks!!

Gemlin

Reaction score
So I started my 2019 Ram Rebel 5.7 and the U12 system sound was non-existent. I tried shutting it off and restarting but the problem still occurred.

Long story short: I removed the negative terminal left it off for 20 mins, got back in, started it and then half the functions worked (radio, GPS). Most didn't work including air, SiriusXM, etc.).

I let the vehicle run quite a while in case it needed to initialize, yet it remained for over 30 mins (broke). I got out of the truck, walked into the grocery store and returned 45 mins later, started the vehicle and everything worked.

Although I am happy everything worked, I am worried this may happen again. The vehicle has 3.7k miles which is worrisome for such a new vehicle.

Is the common? Is there an update that fixes this?

It's not key cycles, the system needs to "Redownload" your options from the comptuer.

IT WILL NOT DO THIS WITH YOUR VEHICLE RUNNING. It takes up to 30 minutes with the VEHICLE OFF.

I've had to unplug the battery a lot because of issues. It will not reload its system with the vehicle running. Have the battery plugged back in, and let it sit for 30 minutes.

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
It's not key cycles, the system needs to "Redownload" your options from the comptuer.

IT WILL NOT DO THIS WITH YOUR VEHICLE RUNNING. It takes up to 30 minutes with the VEHICLE OFF.

I've had to unplug the battery a lot because of issues. It will not reload its system with the vehicle running. Have the battery plugged back in, and let it sit for 30 minutes.

Ok that aligns with the fact that I walked into a store and returned later with everything working. I hope this isn't a common thing.

Thanks!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

^^^ Yep. This ^^^

Users who are viewing this thread