5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U11E9 code active grill shutter check Engine light.

EddyAngel2015

Reaction score
Ok, I have the code listed above that shows up. I have checked my shutters they are free from debris. I am not sure how to check and see if they are working. This is on a 2020 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.7. When I clear the code it stays off until I shut the truck off. Then the code re-appears within 30 seconds of truck being started. Clear it and the code doesn’t come on while driving. Dealers said might try washing out beneath the truck? Or just replace the grill shutters. Any suggestions? Thanks

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the code listed above that shows up. I have checked my shutters they are free from debris. I am not sure how to check and see if they are working. This is on a 2020 dodge ram 1500 with a 5.7. When I clear the code it stays off until I shut the truck off. Then the code re-appears within 30 seconds of truck being started. Clear it and the code doesn’t come on while driving. Dealers said might try washing out beneath the truck? Or just replace the grill shutters. Any suggestions? Thanks
Suggestion is to let the dealer take care of it and not mess with it yourself.

ebland0724

Reaction score
Did you ever get a resolution to this? My 2019 just threw the U11E9 code... would like to know what you did to correct it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the AAD and have the code cleared.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
active air dam. It’s under the front bumper.

See this vid.
It’s at 11 seconds

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. It is important to disable AAD and erase the fault code. The fact is that AGS and AAD have a common CAN bus. If you disable AAD, autorun will work and the MIL indicator will not be active. AAD was flooded with water, so I removed this element.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. It is important to disable AAD and erase the fault code. The fact is that AGS and AAD have a common CAN bus. If you disable AAD, autorun will work and the MIL indicator will not be active. AAD was flooded with water, so I removed this element.
This

Damion

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my '19, unplugged the air dam under the bumper and all is well.

Ram did extend the warranty on these parts for 8 years / unlimited mileage though

Combee1

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my '19, unplugged the air dam under the bumper and all is well.

Ram did extend the warranty on these parts for 8 years / unlimited mileage though
Yes, Ram sent out letters to the original purchasers. I got mine in August of 2022. It's now Feb of 2023 and my CEL (or MIL) is on. My code reader pulled the U11E9 code.... so off to my dealer I go with letter in hand.

ram0686

Reaction score
Yes, Ram sent out letters to the original purchasers. I got mine in August of 2022. It's now Feb of 2023 and my CEL (or MIL) is on. My code reader pulled the U11E9 code.... so off to my dealer I go with letter in hand.
Just got code

U11E9​

Did fixing / replacing the AAD motor correct the issue?

Thanks

ram0686

Reaction score
Alright got truck back. It was in fact the active air dam that was the problem. Dealership covered it

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• ram letter.pdf
    130.8 KB · Views: 118

beanie33

Reaction score
I have the same U11E9 code. It went away on its own for a few days, then back on for a few weeks, then away( on its own) again, now back on. Could this be the Air dam issue?

Users who are viewing this thread